observation balloon in a sentence
1) The earliest military aviation was conducted with observation balloons.
2) These were used to attack observation balloons and were reasonably successful.
3) One Italian observation balloon was also lost.
4) He had also shot down at least one observation balloon.
observation balloon example sentences5) The first task was to shoot down German observation balloons.
6) In addition, all enemy observation balloons were to be attacked.
7) He spent a night in an observation balloon above the Somme.
8) He intended to use them on an observation balloon.
9) German planes and about six observation balloons directed artillery fire practically without molestation.
10) observation planes and observation balloons occupied Pope Field for the first eight years.
11) When German observation balloons ascended, they were attacked by aircraft and shot down.
12) On 1 September, King destroyed an observation balloon over Aubers Ridge.
13) On 14 August, he shot down four observation balloons for wins 39 through 42.
14) This relates to the use of observation balloons in the first World War.
example sentences with balloon15) They shot down a helium-filled observation balloon and spotted for ships conducted shore bombardments.
16) This custom began during the First World War when fighter pilots were targeting enemy observation balloons.
17) To aid the operation, he used observation balloons to gather information of the enemy lines.
18) On 18 October 1916, he scored his first aerial victory, over an enemy observation balloon.
19) The next day marked a change of focus for him; he shot down an observation balloon.
20) At 06:00 that morning German observation balloons began directing their fire on British lines.
21) The RFC was also responsible for the manning and operation of observation balloons on the Western front.
22) The weather on 17 October was clear and French aircraft made a coordinated attack on German observation balloons.
23) Ball and Villiers tried to shoot down an enemy observation balloon in their two-seater on 10 April.
24) Israel has developed observation balloons equipped with sophisticated cameras and surveillance systems used to thwart terror attacks from Gaza.
25) In combat, squadron members shot down 35 enemy aircraft and 12 observation balloons and had 6 Air Aces.
26) Later that century, the British Army would make use of observation balloons during the Boer War.
27) Tethered observation balloons had already been employed in several wars, and would be used extensively for artillery spotting.
How to use balloon in a sentence28) During the Paraguayan War (1864–70), observation balloons were used by the Brazilian Army.
29) It later manufactured airships and observation balloons for the United States Army Air Service during World War I.
30) On 25 June he became a balloon buster and an ace by destroying an observation balloon with phosphor bombs.
31) The Royal Flying Corps consisted of five squadrons, one equipped with observation balloons and the others with aircraft.
32) The first military use of the parachute was by artillery observers on tethered observation balloons in World War I.
33) They climb the portcullis and enter a Roman observation balloon and escape to find the search parties from both tribes.
34) Barker ended his Italian service with some 33 airplanes claimed destroyed and nine observation balloons downed individually or with other pilots.
35) At 5:30 a Bulgarian observation balloon pulled by an automobile ascended to the sky to direct the planned barrage.
36) At 15:25 on 12 September 1943, he claimed an observation balloon at 250 meters altitude west of Yelnya.
37) Litvyak scored against a difficult target on May 31, 1943: an artillery observation balloon manned by a German officer.
38) Operating to the south of Brest, she came upon a south-bound convoy escorted by armed trawlers and sporting observation balloons.
39) On 4 February, Scott landed on the Barrier and unpacked an observation balloon which he had acquired for aerial surveys.
40) Marine A can be heard allegedly ordering his colleagues to get the man out of sight of a British observation balloon.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of observation balloon
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of observation balloon with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with observation balloon
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word observation balloon in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with observation balloon.
20 examples of simple sentences of observation balloon. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of observation balloon
Compound Sentences with observation balloon
Complex Sentences with observation balloon
Compound-Complex Sentences with observation balloon