broadside ballad in a sentence
1) About 10,000 English broadside ballads of the entire seventeenth century survive.
2) A fascinating feature of early modern broadside ballads is their lively woodcut impressions.
3) Some 1,500 broadside ballads are included in the Roxburghe Collection.
4) broadside ballads were sold for a halfpenny, or a few pence.
broadside ballad example sentences5) We estimate the number of such broadside ballads to be between 8,000 and 10,000.
6) broadside ballads were also known.
7) This essay provides historical background in the process of papermaking and the papers used for broadside ballads.
8) And it certainly does not help that in the printed broadside ballads, exceptions to every rule abound.
9) Some 300 ballads sung in North America have been identified as having origins in British traditional or broadside ballads.
10) The next year he recorded the broadside ballad "Hjalmar och Hulda" (Hjalmar and Hulda).
11) These sort of songs were called ' broadside ballads' and a copy of the original is in Grimsby library.
12) Cooder's songwriting exhibits liberal and populist sentiments and draws on older musical sources such as broadside ballads and country blues.
13) Cooder's songwriting also reappropriates lyrics from older musical sources, including protest songs, broadside ballads, and country blues.
14) Aeneas and Dido are the main characters of a 17th century broadside ballad called "The Wandering Prince of Troy.
example sentences with ballad15) The changing format of the broadside ballad is evidence that printers sought ways to minimize costs by maximizing the use of paper.
16) Most importantly, the EMC has recently begun work on a one-of-a-kind online archive of English broadside ballads, 1500-1800.
17) The first stage of our project began this summer with the digitizing (in three sizes) and the cataloguing of all 1,775 broadside ballads in the Pepys collection.
18) The "toggle" feature of our site makes it invaluable for the many scholars newly interested in broadside ballads both for personal research and for teaching.
19) EBBA Director, Patricia Fumerton, had planned to launch new research and teaching on street literature, with a focus on broadside ballads, and found access blocked.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of broadside ballad
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of broadside ballad with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with broadside ballad
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word broadside ballad in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with broadside ballad.
20 examples of simple sentences of broadside ballad. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of broadside ballad
Compound Sentences with broadside ballad
Complex Sentences with broadside ballad
Compound-Complex Sentences with broadside ballad