ballistae in a sentence
1) ballistae were used to bring down the walls.
2) During World War I, grenades were still occasionally launched by ballistae.
3) Siege weapons include ballistae, catapults, and trebuchets.
4) Catapults and ballistae would not have been used in a forest.
ballistae example sentences5) All use the term ballistae and provide descriptions similar to those of the ancients.
6) In siege work trebuchets and ballistae remained in service alongside gunpowder artillery for a long time.
7) It is from the time of the Roman Empire that many of the archaeological finds of ballistae date.
8) In addition to arrow slits, ballistae, catapults and cannons could be mounted on top for extra defence.
9) Polybius reports about the usage of smaller more portable ballistae, called scorpions, during the Second Punic War.
10) The largest ballistae of the 4th century could throw a dart further than 1200 yards (1,100 m).
11) Guilds may also build siege vehicles to assist in battle, such as Ballistae, Battering Rams and Catapults.
12) The garrison at Dyrrhachium managed to hold out all summer, despite Robert's catapults, ballistae and siege tower.
13) Other technologies invented by Greek scientists include the ballistae, the piston pump, and primitive analog computers like the Antikythera mechanism.
14) The Corvallis military prefers jointed pikes as their weapon of choice, bolstered by catapults, ballistae, and other siege engines.
example sentences with ballistae15) Considering the wildlings don't posses much in the way of advanced weaponry like ballistae, only giants armed with huge bows have any feasible chance at hitting defenders on the top.
16) There are citations of Arabs, Franks, and Saxons using ballistae, but because of the mutability of the terms (see Terminology below), it is uncertain whether torsion machines were indicated.
17) Scipio Africanus confiscated 120 large catapults, 281 small catapults, 75 ballistae, and a great number of scorpions after he captured New Carthage in 209 BC.
18) A stronger emphasis was placed upon ranged combat ability of all types, such as field artillery, hand-held "ballistae", archery and darts.
19) The game's mechanics centred around boarding parties, with options for ramming actions and naval artillery in the form of ballistae and other siege engines.
20) By redesigning the reconstructions using the new information, archaeologists in that specialty were able to recognize certain finds from Roman military sites, and identify them as ballistae.
21) As was standard siege technique at the time, small ballistae were placed in the towers with other troops armed with bows or slings.
22) The early Roman ballistae were made of wood, and held together with iron plates around the frames and iron nails in the stand.
23) ballistae could be easily modified to shoot both spherical and shaft projectiles, allowing their crews to adapt easily to prevailing battlefield situations in real time.
24) These apparently have been forged from what can be found in the Badlands, and there are ballistae and catapults made from various industrial machinery, and wrecked vehicles.
25) Heavy weapons such as the ballistae, and the smaller, and more portable
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of ballistae
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of ballistae with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with ballistae
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word ballistae in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with ballistae.
20 examples of simple sentences of ballistae. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of ballistae
Compound Sentences with ballistae
Complex Sentences with ballistae
Compound-Complex Sentences with ballistae