utter astonishment in a sentence
1) Mr. Dyer stared at her in utter, blank astonishment.
2) I can only express here utter astonishment at your unreflective words .
3) To his utter astonishment, a human female comes to his rescue.
4) To her utter astonishment, she sees a THIRD DR.
utter astonishment example sentences5) In 1960, 'to his utter astonishment', he won a scholarship to RADA.
6) To explain my utter, complete astonishment at this bone-headed mistake, I need a visual aid.
7) Doug went first and to his utter astonishment and pride unveiled 'the Doug Medhurst plaque'.
8) And then, to my utter astonishment, I saw Goya's face staring out at me.
9) An expression of utter astonishment tinted with deep signs of respect, admiration and adoration had suffused his face.
10) I regarded her with an utter astonishment not unmingled with dread --and yet I found it impossible to account for such feelings.
11) At Kumbha Mela, he addressed Priyanath (Swami Shriyukteshwar), the dear and close disciple of Lahiri Mahasaya, as "Swamiji," to Priyanath's utter astonishment.
12) To my utter astonishment, however, after he had staggered for about sixty yards he seemed to revive suddenly, broke into his ordinary gallop and quickly rejoined the herd.
13) But when I use to have cable TV every now and then on a certain channel, much to my utter astonishment, this "club" showed itself with a phone number.
14) Neutral captains often expressed utter astonishment and bemusement at the level of British advance knowledge of their activities, and soon realised it was hard to hide anything.
example sentences with astonishment15) She gazed on me in utter astonishment, and exclaimed, "Linda, can this be you ? or is it your ghost?" When we were locked in each other's arms, my overwrought feelings could no longer be restrained.
16) To my utter astonishment, he replied, "I don't believe it; but if she did acknowledge it, you tortured her into exposing me." Tortured into exposing him!
17) The General reported the next day that, "...to my utter astonishment, I found that at the very moment when complete victory was in our hands, the ardor of the unengaged troops had entirely subsided.
18) The multi-cultural lady seeing me straight away expressed concern at the three parallel cuts running across my left forearm, to my utter astonishment she stated 'how long had I been cutting up'.
19) For, to conceal the fact that in her utter astonishment she was looking ready to drop, Naylor moved his chair closer to her and drew her attention by planting a light and loving kiss on her cheek.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of utter astonishment
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of utter astonishment with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with utter astonishment
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word utter astonishment in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with utter astonishment.
20 examples of simple sentences of utter astonishment. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of utter astonishment
Compound Sentences with utter astonishment
Complex Sentences with utter astonishment
Compound-Complex Sentences with utter astonishment