stand to attention in a sentence
1) Several hundred loyal troopers stood to attention.
2) You were supposed to stand to attention.
3) Persons in civilian attire should salute by standing to attention.
4) You more or less stood to attention. .
stand to attention example sentences5) Wilson: Would you mind awfully standing to attention.
6) standing to attention, she gave him a mock salute.
7) As the major entered, a lone police officer stood to attention.
8) A young Army officer stood to attention and saluted him.
9) He and Epitot stood to attention to let the convoy pass.
10) It stands to attention, striking the air with a knowing finger.
11) The guide should have made us all stand to attention and salute.
12) I opened the door to find Mrs Puri standing to attention outside.
13) The baguettes were aged for a week to ensure they stood to attention.
14) In particular, standing to attention and obligatory saluting off duty shall be cancelled.
example sentences with attention15) Farrar knew what he had got into now, and stood to attention.
16) Clyde, the night watchman, stood to attention as they alighted.
17) The British were seething, but remained standing to attention until we had finished.
18) The line-up of the songs alone is enough to make you stand to attention.
19) Valence stood to attention, tipping up his misericord seat with a klack .
20) Everyone arrives punctually and the Rangers all stand to attention to salute their senior officers.
21) I saw there was once this young boy stood to attention and blood streaming down his face.
22) And on the shelves, regimental rows of small clay pots and stoneware jars stood to attention.
23) One man in the crowd removed his hat and stood to attention, head bowed in prayer.
24) He stood to attention with his hand in the air and shouted'sieg Heil'.
25) Even the few pots of make-up on the blue-flowered dressing table seemed to be standing to attention.
26) Even Father had all but stood to attention at the very mention of the pucca angrez saab .
27) On inspection by the German camp guards, they stand to attention saying clichés like "Toodle pip!
How to use attention in a sentence28) An hour later he was standing to attention in a depleted square of those who had survived the battle.
29) They put it down in a strip of shade and stood to attention on either side with their rifles.
30) He took the stage, stood to attention and waited until there was complete silence before he started his speech.
31) It is this, rather than the act of standing to attention, which indicates that a salute is being offered.
32) The new red flag with its yellow star was hoisted and among those saluting and standing to attention were the American officers.
33) They stood to attention, but it was clear that both the administrator and his deputy were unsure of the proper response.
34) Notice the small statuette of her beloved corgis standing to attention next to what appears to be a set of ceramic antlers .
35) The talking finished, we stood to attention, sung the ' Képi Blanc', and then put on our képis .
36) The little Royal Air Force instructor's barked command rang through the still morning air, sending a chill through the four men standing to attention by the cage.
37) Trudging further down the rail track, I could see the blue-clad ranks of IAF officers and cadets standing to attention at the end of the line.
38) On the mantelpiece a Victorian whirligig soldier stands to attention - originally he would have been used to scare away birds in the garden.
39) Abuelo Freitas stood to attention as Lina came out, a vision of beauty in a froth of lace and tulle and fresh flowers.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of stand to attention
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of stand to attention with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with stand to attention
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word stand to attention in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with stand to attention.
20 examples of simple sentences of stand to attention. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of stand to attention
Compound Sentences with stand to attention
Complex Sentences with stand to attention
Compound-Complex Sentences with stand to attention