secular authority in a sentence
1) This led to uneasy tensions with secular authorities.
2) He was turned over to the secular authorities.
3) The secular authorities were to carry out the execution.
4) Religious and secular authorities strongly opposed Lollardy.
secular authority example sentences5) Inquisitions were conducted with the collaboration of secular authorities.
6) In 1819 Emmerich was investigated again, this time by secular authorities.
7) The secular authorities needed priests who could attract the loyalty of their parishioners.
8) This does not include, however, those normally executed by the secular authorities.
9) As secular authority challenged that of the papacy, Pius X became more aggressive.
10) The enforcement of the ban on the 41 sentences fell to the secular authorities.
11) Christianity pre-dates Islam and was also born in a contest with secular authority.
12) The practice of religious and secular authority united in the sovereign has a long history.
13) This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity and secular authority.
14) The Middle Ages also saw the beginnings of support for hospital-like institutions by secular authorities.
example sentences with authority15) If the accused upheld their heresy, they were excommunicated and turned over to secular authorities.
16) Inquisitorial courts conducted under local episcopacies worked closely with local secular authorities and dealt with local circumstances.
17) In the eastern half which survived, religious and secular authority were merged in the one emperor.
18) Like the Catechism, Wesley also teaches that the commandment includes honouring others in legitimate secular authority.
19) Pope Gregory VII further initiated the Gregorian Reforms regarding the independence of the clergy from secular authority.
20) Death was by burning at the stake, and it was carried out by the secular authorities.
21) The Bogomils preached that people must not follow secular authorities, pay taxes or enroll in the army.
22) Despite the fact that the Western Roman secular authority disappeared entirely in Europe, it still left traces.
23) The abolishing of the position of Caliphate and Sheikh ul-Islam was followed by a common, secular authority.
24) The secular authorities welcomed this ruling as it preserved the status quo with the Waqf, the Islamic authority.
25) Islamic leaders have entered the political sphere at various times of crisis, but rarely exercised secular authority for long.
26) With this document it became clear that Luther was a socially conservative man, who would not threaten secular authority.
27) Manuel, on the other hand, wanted an official recognition of his secular authority over both East and West.
How to use authority in a sentence28) The elder's secular authority is very significantly reinforced by his monopolistic control of the relations between men and the ancestors.
29) Almost all high religious writing involved calligraphy, including letters sent by the Dalai Lama and other religious and secular authority.
30) Territories in which secular authority was held by a clerical dignitary, such as an archbishop, bishop, or abbot.
31) Under a decree supposedly issued by Roman Emperor Constantine the Great, the Pope was granted secular authority over western Europe.
32) The last Prince-Archbishop exercising secular authority was Count Hieronymus von Colloredo, an early patron of Salzburg native Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
33) The period during which Norman rule was established in England was one of change in the relationships between ecclesiastical and secular authority.
34) If an investigation resulted in a person being convicted of heresy and unwillingness to repent punishment was administered by the secular authorities.
35) Cases of alleged abuse are reported to secular authorities if required by local laws or as instructed by the local branch office.
36) Although these teachings emboldened secular authorities to give women fewer rights than men, they also helped form the concept of chivalry.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of secular authority
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of secular authority with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with secular authority
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word secular authority in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with secular authority.
20 examples of simple sentences of secular authority. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of secular authority
Compound Sentences with secular authority
Complex Sentences with secular authority
Compound-Complex Sentences with secular authority