resist attempt in a sentence
1) Banks may resist the attempts at rationing.
2) They are fiercely independent and resist all attempts at conquest.
3) But we can resist this attempt at contamination.
4) The British defenders resisted every attempt to capture Gibraltar by assault.
resist attempt example sentences5) Lerner's attorney vowed to resist further attempts to compel her testimony.
6) The Calusa were also able to resist Spanish attempts at conquest.
7) We should resist such attempts and resist them effectively in the political realm.
8) He resists the Visionary's attempts to hypnotize him.
9) She resisted defense counsel's attempts to elicit an admission the incident never occurred.
10) Jumblatt and Gemayel had resisted Assad's attempts to dominate Lebanon.
11) He resisted attempts however, to issue a second Marian dogma within two decades.
12) This Convention would if necessary declare itself permanent and resist attempts to disperse it.
13) However, Derrida resisted attempts to label his work as "post-structuralist".
14) After the riots, Governor King's administration resisted attempts to reform the prison.
example sentences with attempt15) Band members have resisted attempts to link the group and its music to Marxism.
16) She would not cooperate with a psychological assessment and resisted all attempts at rehabilitation.
17) Argument of error - subjective thought patterns of experience resisting any attempt to neutralize them.
18) The British, however resisted the attempts of Indian princely states to issue paper currency.
19) They resisted a French siege attempt in 1759 under the leadership of Eyre Coote.
20) In 1973, Cooper resisted an attempt to name a federal building in his honor.
21) Sheriff McCleary resisted attempts to call for state intervention until 10 a.m. on July 7.
22) Itch has resisted many attempts to classify it as any one type of sensory experience.
23) The Fott resent the Alliance and resist any attempt to govern or control them.
24) It would also give some leverage to intelligence officers in resisting any such future attempts.
25) Will he promise to resist all attempts to increase the maximum permitted weights of heavy lorries?
26) Second, Grandison resisted Northern abolitionists' attempts to convince him to leave Owens.
27) We shall, of course, resist any attempt to introduce such legislation by other means.
How to use attempt in a sentence28) The Crimean Tatars say they will resist any attempts at secession by pro-Russian political forces.
29) Diseases native to Africa, such as sleeping sickness, also resist attempts at elimination too.
30) Many of those settlers however, would fiercely resist any attempt to rollback the settlement enterprise.
31) The Legal Aid Board will be concerned to resist any attempt to defeat the charge.
32) Despite griping about how they are being cheated, Premiership chairmen resist any attempt at regulation.
33) Gates later said he had simply resisted attempts by Boies to mischaracterize his words and actions.
34) Marshall dismounted his vehicle, then resisted an attempt to grab his rifle and was beaten.
35) We need to resist the attempts to commodify our children as students and ourselves as teachers.
36) These rapidly increasing losses will prod victims to invest equivalent sums in resisting attempts on their wealth.
37) Accordingly, the Austrians resisted Russian diplomatic attempts to join the war on the Russian side.
38) The Ashanti strongly resisted attempts by Europeans, mainly the British, to subjugate them.
39) Until the late Middle Ages Ostfriesland resisted the attempts of German states to conquer the coasts.
40) It is a poverty that so for has resisted all attempts at alleviation, much less elimination.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of resist attempt
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of resist attempt with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with resist attempt
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word resist attempt in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with resist attempt.
20 examples of simple sentences of resist attempt. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of resist attempt
Compound Sentences with resist attempt
Complex Sentences with resist attempt
Compound-Complex Sentences with resist attempt