request asylum in a sentence
1) After two hours the hijackers surrendered, requesting political asylum.
2) Someday Americans may be standing at the border requesting political asylum.
3) The chiefs made many attempts to reach the King to request asylum.
4) Once there, she requested political asylum and obtained a residence permit.
request asylum example sentences5) The alternative was to surrender to the British and request political asylum.
6) Kenyan Foreign Ministry officials declined to reveal whether the former President had requested asylum.
7) The hijacker, who requested asylum in Switzerland, was detained by local police.
8) I don't think Canada or Australia are safe places for Snowden to request asylum.
9) Yousef, requesting political asylum, was given a hearing date of November 9, 1992.
10) The Foreign Office said it was not closely involved as Mr Yang had requested asylum in Hong Kong.
11) They requested political asylum, arguing that their lives would be in danger if they returned to Belfast.
12) He surrendered to US officials and requested asylum in exchange for information on IRA gun smuggling and fund-raising operations.
13) If a Russian citizen walked into the, say, CIA headquarters and stated, "I request asylum.
14) He also unsuccessfully requested asylum in Ireland, which would require him to first be allowed to leave Israel.
example sentences with asylum15) He went to Germany, where he requested political asylum, claiming that he was a political refugee from Sudan.
16) Disguised as a sailor, he sought out Robert Gore, British ambassador in Buenos Aires, and requested asylum.
17) He then is evacuated to Wess'ej where he requests asylum and hands over the DNA sample he obtained from Ual.
18) A Russian requesting asylum and claiming to be high-ranking KGB man Valentin Mironov, who knows Ulysses, is interviewed by Edward.
19) He remembers it was July 13, 2013, the day George Zimmerman was acquitted of murder, the day Edward Snowden requested asylum in Russia, and Drug Dealer was on his way to a big party.
20) Ramius formally turned over the submarine to the Americans, and then officially request asylum for his officers and himself in the US.
21) Nicaragua meanwhile revealed details from Snowden's letter requesting asylum, in which he said it was unlikely he would receive a fair trial in the United States.
22) Doherty agreed at first to be deported to Ireland as an illegal alien, but requested political asylum after the UK signed an extradition treaty with Ireland in 1987.
23) Le Monde of Feb. 12 reported that the Cuban painter Jésus de Armas, in Paris for an exhibition of his work, had requested political asylum in France.
24) The third did not return to the base but flew straight to the RAF air base at Akrotiri, Cyprus, where the pilot eventually requested political asylum upon arrival.
25) Two Libyan Air Force colonels each flew their Mirage F1 fighter jets to Malta and requested asylum, after being ordered to carry out airstrikes against civilian protesters in Benghazi.
26) Two years later, lieutenants on "São Paulo" mutinied but found little support from other military units, so they sailed to Montevideo, Uruguay, and requested asylum.
27) Ismail Kadare, Albania's best-known writer, who had several times been shortlisted for the Nobel Prize for literature, requested political asylum in France on Oct. 25.
28) On 21 February 2011, two senior LPAF pilots defected – they flew their Mirage F1 fighter jets to Malta and requested political asylum after defying orders to bomb protesters.
29) During the initial negotiations in the U.S. embassy, Chen did not request asylum in the United States or considered leaving China, but instead demanded to remain there as a free man.
30) After Ramius submerges "Red October", Ryan, Mancuso, and Jones come aboard via a rescue sub, at which point Ramius formally requests asylum in the United States for himself and his officers.
31) He requested asylum on grounds of religious persecution, claiming he had been tortured in Jordan, and asylum was granted in June 1994.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of request asylum
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of request asylum with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with request asylum
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word request asylum in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with request asylum.
20 examples of simple sentences of request asylum. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of request asylum
Compound Sentences with request asylum
Complex Sentences with request asylum
Compound-Complex Sentences with request asylum