ratify amendment in a sentence
1) The amendment was nationally ratified in 1865.
2) No additional states ratified this amendment since.
3) An equal rights amendment was ratified in 1981.
ratify amendment example sentences4) The repeal amendment was ratified later in 1933.
5) The amendment was ratified by the voters.
6) No additional states have ratified this amendment since.
7) Ten of these amendments were ratified in 1791.
8) Nearly twenty years later Maryland ratified the amendment in 1941.
9) The amendment was ratified and became effective in January 1920.
10) But less than four years later , the amendment was ratified .
11) All 50 states have now ratified the amendment .
12) These amendments were ratified on December 15, 1791.
13) Remember from civics class how constitutional amendments are ratified ?
14) Several methods can be employed to propose and ratify amendments .
15) These constitutional amendments were ratified by the National Assembly in 2005.
example sentences with ratify amendment16) An amendment is ratified when three-fourths of the states approve.
17) His successor signed it, however, and the amendment was ratified .
18) The South Carolina legislature later ratified the amendment on July 1, 1969.
19) The state's voters ratified the slave freedom amendment on March 26, 1863.
20) Most small states would refuse to ratify any amendment that nullified their traditional advantages.
21) The amendment is ratified on December 5, ending prohibition in the United States.
22) Three states ratified the amendment in the early 1860s, but none have since.
23) Texas became the first southern state to ratify the amendment on June 28, 1919.
24) Section four allows Congress to pass a line-item veto law after the amendment is ratified .
25) Twenty-eight had ratified the amendment by early 1937, but none have done so since.
26) By December 6, 1865, the amendment was ratified and Johnson considered Reconstruction over.
27) This influenced his support for ratifying the Twenty-first amendment , which repealed the Prohibition.
28) After the Civil War, the three Reconstruction amendments were ratified and limited this discretion.
How to use ratify amendment in a sentence29) But then the opposition trumped them with a high-powered campaign to ratify the constitutional amendment .
30) By 1977, 35 states had ratified the amendment , leaving it three states shy of enactment.
31) The state ratified the 13th amendment to abolish slavery and revoked the 1861 ordnance of secession.
32) After this amendment was ratified , Brownlow submitted a series of bills to punish former Confederates.
33) Both New Jersey and Ohio were named in the congressional resolution as having ratified the amendment .
34) By June 1804, the states had ratified the amendment in time for the 1804 election.
35) The New England states and most Midwest states also ratified the amendment soon after its proposal.
36) In 1870, debate about the Fifteenth amendment was made irrelevant when that amendment was officially ratified .
37) She launched a campaign in 1976 to have the amendments officially ratified , and it passed unanimously.
38) The Spanish Congress of Deputies has ratified amendments introduced by the Senate to the online gaming law.
39) By 1791, the last ten of the proposed amendments were ratified and became the Bill of Rights.
40) Just six days after its submission, Nebraska and Wisconsin were the first states to ratify the amendment .
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of ratify amendment
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of ratify amendment with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with ratify amendment
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word ratify amendment in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with ratify amendment.
20 examples of simple sentences of ratify amendment. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of ratify amendment
Compound Sentences with ratify amendment
Complex Sentences with ratify amendment
Compound-Complex Sentences with ratify amendment