post austerity in a sentence
1) Great Britain was still in the throes of rationing and post-war austerity.
2) Post-war austerity encouraged the use of clean, stark and simple modernist forms and surfaces devoid of ornament.
3) As post-war austerity gave way to a more affluent era, Australians were able to travel by air in ever increasing numbers.
4) Immediately after the Second World War, black knickers were worn, possibly because post-war austerity meant these were easier to obtain than the traditional navy ones.
post austerity example sentences5) Amidst post-war austerity, plans for a new Collegiate in West Derby appeared to evaporate, and Crofts believed that "the old building had many years of life before it still".
6) However, given the post-War austerity the British decided against the cost of her restoration, which was estimated at £150,000 with another £50,000 for re-rigging.
7) This was while post-war austerity rationing was in effect – butter and eggs were hard to come by even in a rural community, and the chocolate and raisins used in the cake were very difficult to get.
8) The late 1950s saw a building boom as Britain had finally shaken off post-war austerity and many local authorities embarked on major building schemes.
9) With his mentor Rab Butler as Chancellor of the Exchequer, Maudling worked to reduce taxes and controls in order to move from post-war austerity to affluence.
10) His policy was proved sound but another war, post-war austerity and yet more boardroom battles, this time in public, seemed to put an end to Daimler's once-proud business.
11) British troops were well-trained, experienced, and had good morale, but suffered from the economic and technological limitations imposed by post-war austerity.
12) Although re-elected, the result was seen by Attlee as very disappointing, and was widely attributed to the effects of post-war austerity denting Labour's appeal to middle-class voters.
13) The difficult days of post-war austerity delayed the rebuilding of the cathedral, but eventually the old building was restored, though no longer to the design of Pugin.
14) The sixties, however, certainly marked the end of the era of post-war austerity and a time when the belief that the State could solve most economic problems was strong.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of post austerity
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of post austerity with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with post austerity
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word post austerity in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with post austerity.
20 examples of simple sentences of post austerity. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of post austerity
Compound Sentences with post austerity
Complex Sentences with post austerity
Compound-Complex Sentences with post austerity