lunatic asylum in a sentence
1) He also built many charity hospitals including a lunatic asylum.
2) I should go to a lunatic asylum.
3) His brother had him confined in a lunatic asylum.
4) It sounded like a lunatic asylum and a zoo.
lunatic asylum example sentences5) The Thought Terror was sent to a lunatic asylum.
6) This was a first: locked in a lunatic asylum.
7) An English poet, who died in a lunatic asylum.
8) Contrary to legend, Wills was never incarcerated in a lunatic asylum.
9) At one time there were six schools in Kilham and a lunatic asylum.
10) Paupers were placed in lunatic asylums.
11) Phrenology also provided reformist arguments for the lunatic asylums of the Victorian era.
12) A former inmate of a lunatic asylum, Haywood pleaded insanity at his trial.
13) Those who would dispute with him he would consign to a lunatic asylum.
14) Its interior is a bizarre mix of shabby Edwardian gentleman's club and abandoned lunatic asylum.
example sentences with asylum15) As Swami Vivekananda stated, the Keralite hierarchy was a lunatic asylum of castes.
16) A pauper named Garratt had died suddenly at the lunatic asylum in Ampthill Road.
17) Alas, in middle age he disappeared into the confines of a Scottish lunatic asylum.
18) He had been stationed for a time in a war hospital, once a lunatic asylum.
19) During the 1850s, the existing lunatic asylums of the Colony of Victoria were overcrowded.
20) She got an answer soon enough - the city's mayor confined her to a lunatic asylum.
21) Such roles and responsibilities included county bridges, prisons, lunatic asylums and Feltham Industrial School.
22) Kimberly was declared insane by the courts for the bombing and locked away in a lunatic asylum.
23) In early 1858 a Select Committee was appointed over concerns that sane persons were detained in lunatic asylums.
24) It seems logical to me that it was converted into a lunatic asylum which was used until 1870.
25) A doctor in a lunatic asylum walked past a well-known crazy who was dragging a mop behind him.
26) City lunatic asylum established.
27) Annual Report on the lunatic asylums in the Punjab for 1872-73, p. 6.
How to use asylum in a sentence28) Now he believes that he will be "hanged first and confined in a lunatic asylum afterwards".
29) At times he was imprisoned for his own safety by the Duke in St. Anne's lunatic asylum.
30) They provided important prototypes for the subsequent development of a network of state-sponsored lunatic asylums during the nineteenth century.
31) Though Dr. Dolittle is acquitted of murder, the vindictive judge sentences him to imprisonment in a lunatic asylum.
32) Norway's first lunatic asylum, the Gaustad Asylum, was established by the Moravian Brethren in 1855.
33) Founded in the 13th century, Bethlem Royal Hospital in London was one of the oldest lunatic asylums.
34) In 1876, Riel is secretly committed by a friend to a lunatic asylum near Montréal under a false name.
35) Bedlam was actually not only a lunatic asylum but also an attraction for paying guests in the 18th century.
36) Tweedie further argued that Bury could have inherited insanity from his mother, who had died in a lunatic asylum.
37) Brightside and Lara Inebriate Retreats were opened soon after, and many alcoholics were moved out of the lunatic asylums.
38) The house now called Whiteknights was originally known as New House prior to being opened as a lunatic asylum in 1766.
39) She became apathetic and depressed, was declared insane on 19 September 1916, and spent time in two lunatic asylums.
40) In 1933, when I was eight, he was taken away to the lunatic asylum ... he couldn't speak.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of lunatic asylum
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of lunatic asylum with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with lunatic asylum
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word lunatic asylum in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with lunatic asylum.
20 examples of simple sentences of lunatic asylum. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of lunatic asylum
Compound Sentences with lunatic asylum
Complex Sentences with lunatic asylum
Compound-Complex Sentences with lunatic asylum