large asylum in a sentence
1) The facility opened in 1871 during an era when large asylums were in vogue.
2) In 1838, he had admitted a 30-year-old gentleman from a large asylum.
3) Within eight years, its inmate count of 1,550 made Willard the largest asylum in the country.
4) Operational from 1871 to 1988, Kew was one of the largest asylums ever built in Australia.
large asylum example sentences5) Under the third superintendent John Conolly the institution became famous as the first large asylum to dispense with all mechanical restraints.
6) Prestwich Hospital was built as an asylum in 1851 and by 1900 it had grown into the largest asylum in Europe.
7) On the eastern boundary of Southall was the Hanwell Asylum, once the world's largest asylum for the mentally ill.
8) He also told of an occasion when he had attended "a large private asylum kept by a layman" in Birmingham.
9) The hospital she was in was universally feared, an old large asylum and I remember in one of my early admissions hearing others threatened with going there.
10) If these large asylums had been degrading and dehumanising places in the 20th century, then how much worse must it have been a hundred years earlier?
11) She was standing in the fog before a set of ascending gothic stone steps before a large abandoned asylum, where a silhouetted nun next to a stone gargoyle statue appeared.
12) She was eventually transferred to Fisherton House Lunatic asylum near Salisbury, Wiltshire which, at the time, was the largest criminal lunatic asylum outside the now overcrowded Bethlem.
13) By the end of the 19th century and into the 20th, these large out-of-town asylums had become overcrowded, misused, isolated and run-down.
14) Today the on-site facilities have been reduced from what was once the world's largest asylum, although it is still used for treatment of and research into serious mental distress.
example sentences with asylum15) To illustrate his arguments against the large public asylums, Bodington described the experiences of some patients who had been removed from these and transferred to Driffold House.
16) Additionally, large asylums were founded to hold the large number of mentally ill, including the famous Kings Park Psychiatric Center in Long Island, New York.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of large asylum
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of large asylum with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with large asylum
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word large asylum in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with large asylum.
20 examples of simple sentences of large asylum. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of large asylum
Compound Sentences with large asylum
Complex Sentences with large asylum
Compound-Complex Sentences with large asylum