flank attack in a sentence
1) The French had defeated both Chinese flanking attacks.
2) Hardee told him that it was subject to both frontal and flanking attacks.
3) The left flank of the Russian position was therefore ripe for a flanking attack.
4) It was the kind of flanking attack which always left Matthew speechless with admiration.
flank attack example sentences5) The first two options were rejected as being too ambitious and open to flank attack.
6) Lt. McKenzie organized parties to capture the pillbox by making both frontal and flanking attacks.
7) Pierre Belon Lapisse led Desjardin's other brigade in a flank attack.
8) The approaches to the mountain were wide-open and a flanking attack did not appear possible.
9) However, the narrow corridor caused considerable difficulties, as constant flanking attacks threatened the division.
10) In the late afternoon, the powerful flank attack drove the Americans back across the river.
11) The intention was to envelop the Soviets via a flank attack on their open left flank.
12) To break such stalemates flanking attacks into areas outside the main zone of contention may be attempted.
13) Upon receiving fire from the enemy, the unit commander may decide to order a flank attack.
14) Despite repeated frontal and flank attacks over the next six hours the Japanese failed to break through.
example sentences with attack15) Introduction of field craft, such as guerrilla warfare, commando actions, and swift flanking attacks.
16) However, both the French and the Germans saw the possibility of a surprise flanking attack.
17) Despite tough fighting, Dupont's flank attack began to made headway and Markov ordered a withdrawal.
18) At the same time 56th Infantry Division would launch the amphibious flank attack along Lake Comacchio.
19) Heading in for a flank attack, she sighted a 1000 yd astern of her chosen target.
20) However the 27th found that the Japanese had withdrawn, thus negating the 161st flanking attack.
21) With speed and greater tactical flexibility, the cavalry could both make flanking attacks and guard against them.
22) That beach was slated to be the jump-off point for the flanking attack on strategic Munda airfield.
23) Given the chance, a flank attack with a massed force of cavalry is usually a sound plan.
24) At 1800 hours the Battalion launched a right flanking attack through Gyrelde to relieve "D" Company.
25) The regulars had been decimated by the undetected flank attack early on the first day of the battle.
26) In the late evening it was decided to execute a flank attack from the north the next day.
27) Additionally, as a road hub without fortifications, Berdychiv will likely be subjected to multiple flank attacks.
How to use attack in a sentence28) Opposing tank units were often required to make a flanking attack in order to knock out a Tiger.
29) Their attack started at dawn but was quickly stopped by a flank attack from the Eighth Armoured Brigade.
30) If the North Vietnamese were still in their trenches, the flanking attack was designed to surprise them.
31) Allenby concentrated four divisions of 40,000 infantry for the main flank attack, south of Tel esh Sheria.
32) The Russian 14th Division began a series of flanking attacks that forced the Poles out of Markkleeberg.
33) The flank attack cut the Australian force in two, separating the brigade headquarters staff from the three battalions.
34) One team would provide covering fire while the other would use the blind spots to launch a flanking attack.
35) Over 160,000 troops were engaged at the Wilderness in trench warfare and back-and-forth flanking attacks through the surrounding woodlands.
36) Israel advocated rapid advances, for which a potential Egyptian flanking attack would present even more of a risk.
37) Four were to be used, under command of Brigade B, for the flanking attack from the north.
38) The positions on the coral promontories guarding each flank attacked the Marines with 47 mm guns and 20 mm cannons.
39) But, General-Major Lelio Spannochi sent a grenadier battalion in a flank attack and drove the French back.
40) At 0600 the Germans began two strong flanking attacks, with the intention of pinching out the British salient.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of flank attack
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of flank attack with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with flank attack
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word flank attack in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with flank attack.
20 examples of simple sentences of flank attack. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of flank attack
Compound Sentences with flank attack
Complex Sentences with flank attack
Compound-Complex Sentences with flank attack