express astonishment in a sentence
1) That's no good, the music must express greater astonishment.
2) I can only express here utter astonishment at your unreflective words .
3) Confronted about his duplicity, Means expressed astonishment.
4) At these words, Marianne's eyes expressed the astonishment which her lips could not utter.
express astonishment example sentences5) Black leaders expressed astonishment and outrage, asserting that the event would resurrect ghosts of a shameful era.
6) Queen Isabella arrives, but immediately expresses astonishment at not meeting her husband inside the walls of Calais.
7) Like Talal Abu Rahma, Enderlin has expressed astonishment at the allegation that the shooting was faked.
8) President Dwight Eisenhower expressed astonishment and alarm on discovering that fully half of all Americans had below average intelligence.
9) We write to express astonishment at the standard of writing that has featured in much of your pre-election coverage.
10) AN OXFORDSHIRE reader expresses astonishment that so many of the hotels featured in this column border on Fawlty Towers.
11) He publicly expressed astonishment and rage when the 2nd Cavalry was transferred to Utah, and ultimately disbanded altogether.
12) Here I must express astonishment at a condition in the bull of Pope Adrianus in which he granted Ireland to Henry II.
13) As the locomotive passes into the roundhouse (train shed) and he is slowly propelled inside, he solemnly expresses astonishment, sadness, and amusement.
14) Afterwards a lot of people come up to me to say "parabens" and the people sitting behind me express astonishment that I'm not Brasilian.
example sentences with astonishment15) In a paragraph whose subtitle, 'City, City', harks back to The Waste Land, he expressed astonishment that in an economic slump the City was pulling down buildings to erect ever more splendid banks.
16) The minutes say that Popper began by expressing astonishment at the Secretary's letter of invitation (a footnote explains that this is the Club's form of invitation).
17) Democrats expressed astonishment at the plan's scope and price tag, though they reluctantly conceded its potential to create jobs and boost consumer spending.
18) This was reported to me with pride by the wife of one of the bistro owners and I was careful to express astonishment and pleasure at the solicitude shown by the village for the souls of black folks.
19) Neutral captains often expressed utter astonishment and bemusement at the level of British advance knowledge of their activities, and soon realised it was hard to hide anything.
20) U.S. intelligence sources noted that such an operation would usually take a year's time, and expressed astonishment at the speed with which it was carried out.
21) David Thornhill of the Campaign for Better Transport expressed astonishment at her opinion and said the tram was definitely better value for money.
22) The "New York Times" reviewer, Paul Griffiths, expressed some astonishment that this was the orchestra's first attempt at the work.
23) The television announcers however expressed astonishment that Unser passed cars under the yellow despite knowing the rules, and even more after he was not penalized.
24) He expressed astonishment that the men had become a "cause celebre", and expressed confidence that the Three would get a fair trial in the US.
25) The Private Practice and Professional Fees Committee of the BMA agrees that none of this adequately explains the rise in my premium and it has expressed astonishment at the figures I have provided.
26) Further, Arminius expressed some astonishment that he was not to be allowed to interpret this passage according to the dictates of his own conscience and within the pattern of historic orthodoxy.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of express astonishment
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of express astonishment with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with express astonishment
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word express astonishment in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with express astonishment.
20 examples of simple sentences of express astonishment. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of express astonishment
Compound Sentences with express astonishment
Complex Sentences with express astonishment
Compound-Complex Sentences with express astonishment