claim asylum in a sentence
1) Several Chinese ambassadors abroad claimed political asylum.
2) They and 79 of the passengers claimed asylum.
3) Some said officials simply denied they had a right to claim asylum .
4) The US policy towards Jews fleeing Germany and claiming asylum was restrictive.
claim asylum example sentences5) They later surfaced in Germany and the Netherlands to claim asylum.
6) Yousef tried to enter with a false Iraqi passport, claiming political asylum.
7) Of the 15 passengers and three crew members on board, 16 decided to claim political asylum.
8) Nineteen out of 20 claiming asylum were found to be ineligible when their claims were eventually examined.
9) They should claim asylum in the country next door to the one they have fled from.
10) Bakri has claimed an estimated £250,000 in state benefits since claiming asylum in Britain in 1986.
11) When replying, the ministry ignored the request and simply said detainees were told how to claim asylum.
12) First, he pooh-poohed the idea that the number of those claiming asylum was continuing to rise.
13) A slave could claim asylum in a temple or at an altar, just like a free man.
14) Scorpius has put her in a coolant suit to keep her alive, and claims asylum on Moya.
example sentences with asylum15) It deals with the occasional situation when a holiday party arrives on a charter flight and claims asylum en bloc.
16) The first law, incorporated under the Russian Constitution, grants individuals the right to claim political asylum in Russia.
17) The 1990s saw changes to the origins of those claiming asylum, as world events triggered large scale population movements.
18) Official figures for numbers of people claiming asylum in the UK were at a 13-year low by March 2006.
19) Of course, some slip through the net, so they actually claim asylum when here and are processed while living in the community - and without the panic that is raised about boat people.
20) It is because Australian embassies and consulates are instructed to deny entry visas to anyone who they consider may claim asylum once they arrive.
21) Under French law, the government subjects unaccompanied children claiming asylum in the transit zones to expedited procedures that deny them their full rights.
22) Mr H's initiative in flying to London to claim asylum - an ironic concept for a mental patient - is highly unusual but unfortunately his desperate experience in Japan is not.
23) In answer to the hon. Member for Edinburgh, Central (Mr. Darling), I do not believe that the motives of the majority of those who claim asylum are reprehensible.
24) I accept that individual cases are studied carefully, but Sikhs from the Punjab think that the Home Office department in Croydon does not believe any Sikh from the Punjab who claims political asylum.
25) Can the Government be held to blame for such claims as this - a Turkish Cypriot claiming asylum on the basis that her mother did not get on with her husband and was trying to break up her marriage?
26) Statistics from the time do not show the exact numbers claiming asylum when detected but the trend is evidenced by the numbers who had to be released after detection rather than removed from the UK.
27) Police confidence in immigration was further undermined in the 1990s by a rapid escalation of immigration offenders claiming asylum shortly after arrest.
28) He first claimed asylum in the UK in 2007 at the age of 16 on the grounds of being an unaccompanied minor, having fled violence against his family.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of claim asylum
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of claim asylum with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with claim asylum
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word claim asylum in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with claim asylum.
20 examples of simple sentences of claim asylum. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of claim asylum
Compound Sentences with claim asylum
Complex Sentences with claim asylum
Compound-Complex Sentences with claim asylum