auteur theory in a sentence
1) They are ultimately the funniest footnotes to the auteur theory.
2) And the whole auteur theory disconcerts me.
3) auteur theory also greatly influenced Cinema Novo.
4) There seems to be this auteur theory fascination with heads of projects in gaming .
auteur theory example sentences5) auteur theory provided an alternative culture for cult film fans while carrying the weight of scholarship.
6) By requiring repeated viewings and extensive knowledge of details, auteur theory naturally appealed to cult film fans.
7) Aljean Harmetz has responded, "nearly every Warner Bros. picture was an exception to the auteur theory".
8) So, with that being said, I offer up my first film theory paper on the auteur theory.
9) It once and for all vindicated the auteur theory, which says that a film is a director's medium.
10) He supported Andre Bazin in the development of one of the most influential theories of cinema itself, the auteur theory.
11) Cult films are often approached in terms of auteur theory, which states that the director's creative vision drives a film.
12) These include auteur theory, spectatorship, adaptations of literary texts, and the work of literary authors writing for the screen.
13) By the middle of the decade, they had formulated their auteur theory, which gave a new gloss to film studies.
14) For anyone who has ever seen a movie being made, the auteur theory, the idea that a film springs from the mind of one person, like a novel or a sonnet, sounds either like a pipe dream or a sick joke.
example sentences with auteur15) This coincided with the increasing popularity of the auteur theory in film literature and the media, which posited that a film director's films express their personal vision and creative insights.
16) We have primarily included them within TSPDT as a tribute to Sarris' famous and influential study on the American cinema and auteur theory.
17) Keyishan adds that "Hamlet" films can also be classified by the auteur theory: Olivier's and Zeffirelli's "Hamlets", for example, can be viewed among the body of their directorial work.
18) Ed Gonzalez of "Slant Magazine" said that ""Tenebre" is a riveting defense of auteur theory, ripe with self-reflexive discourse and various moral conflicts.
19) McKee is known to object to the French-originated "auteur theory", which states that the director is the de facto author of a movie.
20) But Cinema Novo filmmakers were largely attracted to French New Wave's use of auteur theory, which enabled directors to make low-budget films and develop personal fan bases.
21) Genre studies have perhaps gained the most recognition in film theory, where the study of genre directly contrasts with auteur theory, which privileges the director's role in crafting a movie.
22) Later in life he would reject the notion of the "auteur theory", stating that "there is no "auteur" in films and that a film is something which preexists in its own right.
23) The auteur theory holds that the director is the "author" of his movies, with a personal signature visible from film to film.
24) By means of criticism and editorialization, they laid the groundwork for a set of concepts, revolutionary at the time, which the American film critic Andrew Sarris called "auteur theory".
25) Critic Andrew Sarris called the film "the most decisive exception to the auteur theory", of which Sarris was the most prominent proponent in the United States.
26) During the 1950s, the film came to be seen by young French film critics such as François Truffaut as exemplifying the "auteur theory", in which the director is the "author" of a film.
27) According to Greg Taylor, auteur theory also helped to popularize cult films when middlebrow audiences found an accessible way to approach avant-garde film criticism.
28) Matt Hills states that auteur theory can help to create cult films; fans that see a film as continuing a director's creative vision are likely to accept it as cult.
29) Hitchcock was one of the first directors to whom they applied their auteur theory, which stresses the artistic authority of the director in the film-making process.
30) Surprisingly, though, his latest effort couldn't be more different, and anybody subscribed to the auteur theory will have great difficulty pinning down the man's trademarks.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of auteur theory
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of auteur theory with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with auteur theory
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word auteur theory in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with auteur theory.
20 examples of simple sentences of auteur theory. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of auteur theory
Compound Sentences with auteur theory
Complex Sentences with auteur theory
Compound-Complex Sentences with auteur theory