augury in a sentence
1) They tasted delicious, a happy augury for future meals.
2) The books were central to the practice of augury.
3) Both records were auguries of things to come.
4) Did he not observe the auguries, and was taken captive?
augury example sentences5) Hiccough was often most troublesome, and generally of fatal augury.
6) The Huguenots read in these events melancholy auguries for their cause.
7) In spite of these gloomy auguries the airline took off on the charge.
8) The augury of Brigid is called frith.
9) Divitiacus supposedly knew much about the natural world and performed divination through augury.
10) Romulus claimed superior augury as the divine basis of his right to decide.
11) Bat . The augury is dependent on how you reacted to the bat.
12) Etruscan religion was also a major influence, particularly on the practice of augury.
13) Consuls also read auguries, an essential step before leading armies into the field.
14) Perhaps this is a way to hand the victory to Augustus' auguries.
example sentences with augury15) Pope Francis Presides Over Some Really Bad auguries .
16) This car was entitled the "Augury" in the film's video game counterpart.
17) In the lead-up to the 1934 tournament, the auguries were not good.
18) The auguries for such reforms are not good, and further urban unrest remains in prospect.
19) To the use of lots and auguries, they are addicted beyond all other nations.
20) They agreed to seek the will of the gods in this matter, through augury.
21) Invest a fraction of your money into AUG ( augury Insurance) 4.
22) The auguries are not good.
23) When this scene precedes the sign of Jupiter, is an augury that is very favorable.
24) Organized efforts to predict the future began with practices like astrology, haruspicy, and augury.
25) He hailed the new movement as an important augury of the quickening influences of modern views.
26) It is now looked upon as an augury of luck and of long life to the bride.
27) augury was a highly developed practice of telling the future from the flight of birds in Classical Antiquity.
How to use augury in a sentence28) In the walls to the east of the city gate are some extremely interesting inscriptions with augury by dice.
29) British prime minister, in whose murder by a lunatic Nupkins sees a possible augury of his own fate.
30) It's just augury.
31) If the milk over flows on the right side of the pot, it is considered an auspicious augury.
32) But suddenly the sheer numbers of people quietly bedding down in doorways strikes me as an augury of Labour defeat.
33) In official state augury at Rome, only the auspicia "ex caelo" and "ex avibus" were employed.
34) His imagery is apt to the traditional principles of augury and its broader interpretation by Stoic apologists of the Imperial cult.
35) His scholarship has concentrated, in particular, on topics of Roman religion and augury, Roman law and Latin epigraphy.
36) His allies took the winning 20 out of 23 governorships as favourable auguries for the continuation of Chávismo after his death .
37) As a happy augury to Allan Hayhurst's fresh start he was awarded the MBE in the Birthday Honours of 1966.
38) He sounds both very concerned and very angry with this sad development which is being interpreted as a bad augury in miniature.
39) He was, in the first place, controlled by those who elected him to that office, no happy augury for one who believed in despotism.
40) You, Charmion, bring my crown and richest jewels; With them, the wreath of victory I made (Vain augury!) for him, who now lies dead: You, Iras, bring the cure of all our ills.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of augury
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of augury with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with augury
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word augury in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with augury.
20 examples of simple sentences of augury. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of augury
Compound Sentences with augury
Complex Sentences with augury
Compound-Complex Sentences with augury