auguries in a sentence
1) Both records were auguries of things to come.
2) Did he not observe the auguries, and was taken captive?
3) The Huguenots read in these events melancholy auguries for their cause.
4) In spite of these gloomy auguries the airline took off on the charge.
auguries example sentences5) Consuls also read auguries, an essential step before leading armies into the field.
6) Perhaps this is a way to hand the victory to Augustus' auguries.
7) Pope Francis Presides Over Some Really Bad auguries .
8) In the lead-up to the 1934 tournament, the auguries were not good.
9) The auguries for such reforms are not good, and further urban unrest remains in prospect.
10) To the use of lots and auguries, they are addicted beyond all other nations.
11) The auguries are not good.
12) This idea is most true about "The Mental Traveller" and "auguries of Innocence".
13) His allies took the winning 20 out of 23 governorships as favourable auguries for the continuation of Chávismo after his death .
14) So long were they detained that the merchants feared lest they should be unable to return within the year; and as this was a serious matter, the auguries were consulted.
example sentences with auguries15) Other encouraging auguries for the club were the highly commendable performances of Clareen players with an Offaly hurling squad that was on the cusp of its own big breakthrough.
16) Since travel by sea during the period was dangerous, he would also take full confession before setting sail and use auguries to determine the best time to travel.
17) Céline's book, "Voyage au Bout de la Nuit" ("Journey to the End of the Night") and Blake's "auguries of Innocence" both echo through one of Morrison's early songs, "End of the Night".
18) For example, in his 1795 poem auguries of Innocence, Blake describes the beautiful and natural robin red-breast imprisoned by the materialistic cage of Newtonian mathematics and science.
19) Similarly, the "U" version of the "Paenitentiale Theodori" condemns those "who observe auguries, omens or dreams or any other prophecies after the manner of the pagans".
20) Besides reproving ordinary vices of humanity, he had often to contend against lingering pagan practices, as auguries, or heathen rites on the "calends.
21) Tacitus recorded that the early German tribes in the 1st century practiced public human sacrifices "in a grove hallowed by auguries of the fathers".
22) If the chances have proved forbidding, they are no more consulted upon the same affair during the same day: even when they are inviting, yet, for confirmation, the faith of auguries too is tried.
23) Publius Claudius Ap. f. C. n. Pulcher, consul in 249 BC; ignoring the auguries, he attacked the Carthaginian fleet at Drepana, and was entirely defeated.
24) However, his duties as the senior of the two priests of Apollo at the Oracle of Delphi (where he was responsible for interpreting the auguries of the Pythia) apparently occupied little of his time.
25) In fact, it's not too fanciful to say that the auguries for new opera in this country are very good indeed.
26) The auguries for Gordon Brown, to whom Blair has promised to surrender the leadership during this term, aren't as good.
27) The king has been warned by auguries of the hero's coming as a bridegroom for his daughter, and sends a chariot of honour to convey him to an interview.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of auguries
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of auguries with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with auguries
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word auguries in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with auguries.
20 examples of simple sentences of auguries. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of auguries
Compound Sentences with auguries
Complex Sentences with auguries
Compound-Complex Sentences with auguries