attain a speed in a sentence
1) On attaining a speed above 50, the engine shifts to power mode.
2) The Mirage III attained a speed of Mach 1.8 in September 1957.
3) He has a range of 8,000 miles and can attain a speed of 800 mph.
4) On trials with the propulsion motor delivering full 3,000 horsepower the ship attained a speed of 17.28 knots.
attain a speed example sentences5) It was intended to fit a 1200 hp engine to attain a speed much superior to all existing medium tank types.
6) The prototype Mirage III flew on 17 November 1956, and attained a speed of Mach 1.52 on its 10th flight.
7) They do not bound like deer, but are the swiftest runner of all North American animals, being able to attain a speed of over 40 miles per hour.
8) It flew the first sonic boom test on 6 June 1966, attaining a speed of Mach 3.05 at 72,000 ft (21,900 m).
9) On 3 January 1966, XB-70 No. 2 attained a speed of Mach 3.05 while flying at 72,000 ft (21,900 m).
10) Finished by the end of the year, it made two successful flights at a speed of 30 mph, and in 1907 attained a speed of 36 mph.
11) In spite of all the additional armor, greater displacement and a 2.1 m increase in draught, "Shōkaku" was able to attain a speed of just over 34.2 kn during trials.
12) The torpedo attained a speed of 20 kn using a wire .04 in in diameter but later this was changed to .07 in to increase the speed to 27 kn.
13) By using the full power of their distortion fields, Voidhawks can attain a speed and manoeuvrability unmatched by adamist vessels (except those powered by illegal and highly dangerous antimatter).
14) The Mohawk and Hudson Railroad began operations in this year, exciting astonishment and fear by attaining a speed of twenty miles an hour.
example sentences with attain15) He demonstrated his marine turbine in Turbinia, a vessel that attained a speed of over 34 knots in 1897; Parsons turbines made high-speed ocean liners possible.
16) The builders had tested the hull form in their own tank, and hoped to attain a speed of 20 knots (37.04 km/h) with the turbine machinery.
17) Despite a weaker Panhard engine of 120 hp it still attained a speed of 18.2 km/h. Fuel reservoirs of just 230 litres limited its range to a mere seventy kilometres.
18) In 1838, a Scotsman named Robert Davidson built an electric locomotive that attained a speed of four miles per hour (6 km/h).
19) Elimination of the "chin" radiator did much to improve performance and the Tempest Mark I was the fastest aircraft Hawker had built to that time, attaining a speed of 466 mph (750 km/h).
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of attain a speed
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of attain a speed with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with attain a speed
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word attain a speed in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with attain a speed.
20 examples of simple sentences of attain a speed. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of attain a speed
Compound Sentences with attain a speed
Complex Sentences with attain a speed
Compound-Complex Sentences with attain a speed