asylee in a sentence
1) The survey contained twenty-three questions related to detention conditions for immigrants and asylees.
2) The 1980 Refugee Act covers two types of humanitarian admissions–refugees and asylees.
3) Asylee: See Refugee, below.
4) To find a Catholic Charities agency that provides assistance to refugees and asylees click here .
asylee example sentences5) Elimination of the 10,000 annual limit for previously approved asylees to adjust to permanent legal residence.
6) About 184,000 are currently in refugee status; 3,000-4,000 are in asylee status.
7) The resettlement program recognized that refugees and asylees arrive with little money and no family or business connections.
8) This includes permanent residents (holders of Green Cards), refugees, asylees, and illegal immigrants.
9) If they are recognized as "legitimate" asylees by the destination state, they will then gain status.
10) From 1980 to 2004, more than one out of every four Iranian immigrants was a refugee or asylee.
11) After the application is filed, the asylee will have a non-adversarial interview with an asylum officer, usually within 45 days.
12) If the application is referred to a judge, it can take up to six months to resolve the asylee's case.
13) Most of these do not remain in refugee and asylee status, but rather "adjust their status" to legal permanent residents as soon as they are eligible, which is one year after arrival.
14) While refugees apply for admission to the United States and are processed overseas, asylees petition to remain in the U.S., usually after having entered illegally.
example sentences with asylee15) Unemployment among refugees and asylees (who have a residence permit) is much higher than among migrant groups which have been longer established.
16) Catholic Charities Community Services assists family members and sponsors in making applications for refugees who are outside the United States, and for asylees with recently obtained status.
17) If the request for asylum is not approved, the asylee is referred to an immigration judge at the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
18) Changed circumstances can also affect asylum status -- for example, if there has been a regime change in the asylee's country of origin that would make returning to the country more or less safe.
19) The individual may be a conditional resident, an asylee, a refugee, or a person residing in the United States under suspension of deportation.
20) And in that case, as an asylee, what kind of implications would that have for the U.S.'s continuing efforts to extradite him?
21) These days, however, it is not possible to do this because the UNHCR checks to verify that the asylee is not a Pakistani citizen.
22) Currently, an asylee who has continuously resided in the US for more than one year in that status has an immediately available visa number.
23) This is in addition to the 10,000 green cards allocated for each year until then and was meant to speed up the green card waiting time considerably for asylees.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of asylee
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of asylee with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with asylee
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word asylee in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with asylee.
20 examples of simple sentences of asylee. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of asylee
Compound Sentences with asylee
Complex Sentences with asylee
Compound-Complex Sentences with asylee