assume a position in a sentence
1) Within guitar circles, he has assumed a position of respect.
2) At a remarkably young age you assumed a position of leadership.
3) Later, he assumed a position as the International Music Counselor.
4) The rest left to assume a position northeast of the Ministry of War.
assume a position example sentences5) When McLane entered Jackson's cabinet he immediately assumed a position of leadership.
6) We missed tackles and allowed them to assume a position of strength just before half-time .
7) Immediately after his arrival, Ponce assumed a position of some importance in the kingdom.
8) Lucy Brewer abandoned her parents when she left home to assume a position in the marines.
9) The Sixth Texas assumed a position on the right of the line, next to the fort.
10) In 2011, Miller assumed a position with the World Bank as an advisor on urban issues.
11) Cunningham has assumed a position in the copilot cockpit in flexing the depth of the Providence strike force .
12) With his own rhetoric of rupture and repair, Fackenheim assumed a position roughly between Rubenstein and Berkovits.
13) On that occasion, sir, the gentleman assumed a position which commanded the respect and admiration of his country.
14) To the uninitiated it may appear that the Rugby League assumed a position of preferential creditor in the above dealings.
example sentences with assume15) Because of the WAY Larry would interject himself into the situation, then assume a position of MORAL AUTHORITY.
16) Birnbacher worried that he had been lured into a trap, but assumed a position off Beachy Head and Newhaven.
17) Because of his health, Octavian remained in camp while his lieutenants assumed a position on the left flank opposite Brutus.
18) Later that same year, he worked again as justice of the peace and assumed a position as a legislatively-appointed auctioneer.
19) The 1st Canadian Division, which still possessed the bulk of its equipment, therefore assumed a position of vital importance.
20) His father, Rev. John Pierpont, assumed a position as minister of a Unitarian congregation in Medford, Massachusetts in 1849.
21) Once negotiations are over, she orders the client to undress and kneel naked on the floor, assuming a position of submission.
22) Tony surprises an oncoming motorist by assuming a position that leaves his legs on the gravel road but takes the rest of him down among the lake-side vegetation.
23) Objectivity in Social Science refers to the actions of a social scientist: assuming a position of disinterestedness or impartiality, or being open-minded in the assessment of evidence.
24) In this respect, the self-organizing individual assumes a position that may be seen as analogous to the core of a series of nested Russian dolls.
25) During sitting meditation, practitioners usually assume a position such as the lotus position, half-lotus, Burmese, or seiza postures, using the dhyāna mudrā.
26) as a consequence, the locality assumed a position of suburban bedroom community to Angra, with the majority of its population employed in the construction sector.
27) Obama has some similarities to Nixon who had a brief tenure in Congress (4 years in the House and 2 years in the Senate) before assuming a position in the Executive Branch.
28) The strengths of the units were quickly increased as Bermuda, again, assumed a position of great importance as the point of formation of trans-Atlantic convoys.
29) He suggests that were Danby to assume a position between king and servant, he would no longer be subjected to the conflict between independence and political duty.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of assume a position
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of assume a position with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with assume a position
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word assume a position in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with assume a position.
20 examples of simple sentences of assume a position. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of assume a position
Compound Sentences with assume a position
Complex Sentences with assume a position
Compound-Complex Sentences with assume a position