argand in a sentence
1) These lamps were built around the argand Principle.
2) It contained Argand's proof, although argand is not credited for it.
3) It contained Argand's proof, although argand is not credited for it.
argand example sentences4) This was the first lighthouse in Britain to be fitted with argand Lens.
5) This supplied gas lamps equal to 75,000 argand lamps each yielding the light of six candles.
6) Illumination was by 15 " argand lamps with parabolic reflectors, arranged in three tiers.
7) The complex plane is sometimes called the argand plane because it is used in argand diagrams.
8) The complex plane is sometimes called the argand plane because it is used in argand diagrams.
9) Starting in 1780 the argand lamp quickly replaced other oil lamps still in their basic ancient form.
10) Many feel that, his "invention" was simply a derivative of the original argand lamp.
11) In 1784 Aime argand , a Swiss chemist, developed and patented the argand lamp.
12) In 1784 Aime Argand, a Swiss chemist, developed and patented the argand lamp.
13) They were constructed on the argand principle of supplying air to the flame through a central draft tube.
14) To stay competitive, the San Francisco Gas Light Company introduced the argand lamp that same year.
15) At the same time the Higher Lighthouse was fitted with oil lamps invented by the Frenchman Aimé argand .
example sentences with argand16) A central draught lamp, or argand lamp, works in the same manner as the flat wick lamp.
17) Argand and some others guessed that it was __FORMULA__ although this contradicts the truth established by Euler that __FORMULA__.
18) Complex numbers correspond to points on the complex plane, sometimes called the argand plane (for Jean-Robert Argand).
19) Complex numbers correspond to points on the complex plane, sometimes called the argand plane (for Jean-Robert argand ).
20) Argand diagrams are frequently used to plot the positions of the poles and zeroes of a function in the complex plane.
21) In 1806 Jean-Robert argand independently issued a pamphlet on complex numbers and provided a rigorous proof of the fundamental theorem of algebra.
22) The Cartesian and argand planes are closely related , and complex numbers and (x,y) coords alike are vectors.
23) In 1807, Winslow Lewis, an unemployed ship's captain, developed an argand Light, which he tested at Thacher Island.
24) In 1784, Ami argand (1750-1803) of Switzerland patented an oil lamp burner with a tubular wick, which produced a brighter flame than any other lamp - back 20.
25) Argand and Warren carried double algebra so far - but they were unable to interpret on this theory such an expression as __FORMULA__.
26) The parochet, or ark curtain, was created by Annabelle argand , features a tree that has just begun to bloom, reflecting the life cut short of Rabbi Bonder.
27) At the City Gas Works, in Dorset Street, Blackfriars, three chaldrons of coal were carbonized each day, providing the gas equivalent of 9,000 argand lamps.
28) The domestic style of 1816 was partly owed to the argand lamp, invented in 1783, popularized and improved during the Regency.
How to use argand in a sentence29) These are named after Jean-Robert argand (1768-1822), although they were first described by Norwegian-Danish land surveyor and mathematician Caspar Wessel (1745-1818).
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of argand
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of argand with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with argand
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word argand in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with argand.
20 examples of simple sentences of argand. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of argand
Compound Sentences with argand
Complex Sentences with argand
Compound-Complex Sentences with argand