arethusa in a sentence
1) The "Fountain of arethusa ", in the Ortygia island.
2) The coins of arethusa are arguably the most beautiful minted by the ancient Greeks.
3) Aside from Captain Mends on " arethusa ", casualties were severe on both sides.
arethusa example sentences4) Mark, bishop of arethusa , who wrote the Creed of Sirmium of 351.
5) Arethusa comes, to tell Ceres that she saw Pluto make off with Proserpine.
6) Both "Amethyst" and " arethusa " then opened fire, "Niémen" surrendering immediately.
7) According to a legend, the nymph arethusa , hunted by Alpheus, took shelter here.
8) He has several children including three daughters, Laura , Kitty , and arethusa , also grandchildren.
9) Proserpine asks Ino to tell her a story, and she recites the tale of arethusa .
10) It was first used in 1914 as a secondary armament on arethusa class cruisers in a high-angle anti-aircraft role.
11) The British realised it was foolish to have sent " arethusa " into battle with inadequate training and jammed guns.
12) And being a romantic, Shelley has arethusa and Alpheios grow single-hearted, while Ovid keeps their currents separate.
13) The Lord Mayor was received at Gillingham Railway Station by a guard of honour of boys of the arethusa .
14) Ovid's account of Arethusa's story is also retold in Bulfinch's Mythology ( Chapter VII ).
15) Francis Hare Clayton, OBE, Lately Chairman and Treasurer, Shaftesbury Homes and " arethusa " Training Ship.
example sentences with arethusa16) In the story of Erotokritos and arethusa the poet glorifies love and friendship, chivalric courage, constancy, and self-sacrifice.
17) Mends immediately pulled alongside "Niémen" and Dupotet fired a single shot each at "Amethyst" and " arethusa ".
18) Undaunted, Alpheios diverted his river's flow underground to follow arethusa , and both of their waters now mingle eternally in the Fountain of arethusa in Ortygia.
19) Undaunted, Alpheios diverted his river's flow underground to follow Arethusa, and both of their waters now mingle eternally in the Fountain of arethusa in Ortygia.
20) This assault was more determined, even naval gunfire support from the 6 inch (150 mm) guns of HMS " arethusa " did not stop the attack.
21) It was when living in Cornwall that Hichens and his sister Loveday were taught how to sail, eventually sailing their dinghy " arethusa " on Carrick Roads.
22) The shot at "Amethyst" missed its target, but the one at " arethusa " struck the ship and threw up splinters.
23) At 03:45, however, a new ship emerged from the darkness, soon revealed to be the British frigate HMS " arethusa ".
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of arethusa
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of arethusa with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with arethusa
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word arethusa in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with arethusa.
20 examples of simple sentences of arethusa. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of arethusa
Compound Sentences with arethusa
Complex Sentences with arethusa
Compound-Complex Sentences with arethusa