areole in a sentence
1) Areoles are highly specialized and very condensed shoots or branches.
2) Small white bristles cover the areoles or spine cavities.
3) Cacti produce spines, always from areoles as noted above.
areole example sentences4) Areoles are an identifying feature of cacti.
5) Flowers are also produced from areoles .
6) The outside of the tubular structure often has areoles that produce wool and spines.
7) Areoles are structures unique to cacti.
8) The agave's hooked spines line the leaf margins instead of growing out of areoles .
9) Cacti are identified by the spines clustered in areoles on fleshy usually leafless stems.
10) Cactus spines are produced from specialized structures called areoles , a kind of highly reduced branch.
11) In an areole , the nodes are so close together, they form a single structure.
12) Dense white, straight spines, growing out of closely spaced areoles or cavities, veil the green skin.
13) A unique feature of cacti is the possession of areoles , structures from which spines and flowers are produced.
14) In leafless cacti, areoles are often borne on raised areas on the stem where leaf bases would have been.
15) In both cases, the areoles , which may have wool and bristles, are where the flower buds appear.
example sentences with areole16) Instead of ribs, the areoles arise from the tips of long tubercles or knobs that are arranged in two spirals.
17) In most cacti, the areoles produce new spines or flowers only for a few years, and then become inactive.
18) All cacti have areoles -highly specialized short shoots with extremely short internodes that produce spines, normal shoots, and flowers.
19) Special structures characteristic of cacti, called " areoles ", then occur at the ends of the segments of the stem.
20) Located on the outer rib of the pleats, the longer central spine sticks out from the spine cavity or areole and is ringed by other small spines.
21) In addition to each areole's straight spines, one to three hooked and dark colored spines grow, standing out from the stem and other spines.
22) Spines grow out of areoles in groups of 15-30 and up to three inches long with the longest one pointing down.
23) In the notches, the areoles , you will see tiny, bristly spines if you look with a hand lens or microscope.
24) The vertebral and costal scutes (the scutes along the center and sides of the carapace) are black or dark brown with a pale yellow areole in the center.
25) In two species the stems are less flattened, more cylinder-shaped, and the areoles are arranged in a more or less spiral pattern all over the segments.
26) In "Pereskia", a genus close to the ancestor of cacti, areoles remain active for much longer; this is also the case in "Opuntia" and "Neoraimondia".
27) This results in a relatively fixed number of spines, with flowers being produced only from the ends of stems, which are still growing and forming new areoles .
28) Areoles often have multicellular hairs (trichomes) that give the areole a hairy or woolly appearance, sometimes of a distinct color such as yellow or brown.
How to use areole in a sentence29) Areoles often have multicellular hairs (trichomes) that give the areole a hairy or woolly appearance, sometimes of a distinct color such as yellow or brown.
30) In the genus "Pereskia", believed similar to the ancestor of all cacti, the areoles occur in the axils of leaves (i.e. in the angle between the leaf stalk and the stem).
31) Their flowers may have superior ovaries (i.e., above the points of attachment of the sepals and petals), and areoles that produce further leaves.
32) Their areoles identify them as cacti, and in spite of their appearance, they, too, have many adaptations for water conservation.
33) However, both "Pereskia" and "Echinocactus" have spines produced from areoles (highly specialised pad-like structures) suggesting that the two genera are indeed related.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of areole
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of areole with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with areole
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word areole in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with areole.
20 examples of simple sentences of areole. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of areole
Compound Sentences with areole
Complex Sentences with areole
Compound-Complex Sentences with areole