archly in a sentence
1) The woman smiled, a little archly .
2) Dame Agatha looked at him archly and Corbett panicked.
3) She looked at him archly from beneath raised brows.
archly example sentences4) Just as I've always looked?' she added archly .
5) Depending on the user, it is meant either affectionately or archly .
6) Yet hefty chunks of dialogue are obviously - and rather archly - staged.
7) His father looked at Madeleine archly .
8) And that's where you can help,' she said archly .
9) She looked over her shoulder at the other two, smiling archly .
10) The waiter, when he came, archly avoided looking at Masha.
11) I won't tell if she won't tell,' she finished archly .
12) Marianne raised her eyebrows archly .
13) Faye asked her brother archly as soon as they had exchanged a brief kiss in greeting.
14) I ain't seen anyfing of 'im fer months,' he said archly .
15) She looked at him archly .
example sentences with archly16) She smiled archly at Sabine.
17) The Prince looked at Owen, laughed archly and placed a placating hand on Owen's.
18) But I loved Substitute passion which I though was archly funny with serious underlying wisdom to it.
19) What have you got in that box?" "A cake," said Anne archly .
20) No, she was not so lonely archly miss Douce's head let Mr Lidwell know.
21) Mavis informed him archly that when she looked into his horny palm she could hear wedding-bells.
22) But his persona seems so ironic and archly calculated, and yet live he comes off as desperately sincere.
23) She sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, and then she looked at him archly .
24) Then he smiled archly .
25) You were no doubt waiting for them;" and he smiled half dreamily, half archly , at his own words.
26) He good-naturedly turned the side which was not bitten toward her, saying, "Here, take it, if you wish."-" No, thank you," she exclaimed, looking at him archly .
27) Mama smiles archly .
28) Faye smiled archly .
How to use archly in a sentence29) I couldn't possibly feel isolated in one of them - especially if someone came to see me,' she'd added archly .
30) His rise through the ranks during this period was archly commented on, with the observation that he had been "midshipman, lieutenant, and captain in one voyage".
31) Andy Webster of the "New York Times" said "If only the film's archly slick director, Siddique, had adopted the same winking attitude toward the romantic arc.
32) Only a picture over the fireplace seemed out of place: an archly primitive painting of a large tabby cat and a Victorian child in a formal garden.
33) She smiled archly .
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of archly
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of archly with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with archly
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word archly in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with archly.
20 examples of simple sentences of archly. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of archly
Compound Sentences with archly
Complex Sentences with archly
Compound-Complex Sentences with archly