archegonium in a sentence
1) The female organs are known as archegonia ("sing.
2) Two archegonia can be seen in this photograph.
3) An archegonium develops within the megagametophyte and produces an egg.
archegonium example sentences4) The sporophyte grows up from the archegonium .
5) Eggs are fertilized within the archegonium .
6) Antheridia and archegonia develop on the mature plant (the gametophyte).
7) Megaspores germinate producing megagametophytes; at maturity one or more archegonia are produced.
8) Male and female stems develop antheridia and archegonia , respectively, at their tips.
9) Rain may splash sperm into the archegonium , or sperm may swim to the archegonium.
10) Rain may splash sperm into the archegonium, or sperm may swim to the archegonium .
11) Since the sperm must swim to the archegonium , fertilisation cannot occur without water.
12) Eggs develop within the archegonia .
13) Sporophytes grow out of archegonia .
14) Mature male and female stems develop antheridia and archegonia , which produce sperm and eggs, respectively.
15) Dioicous - Having two forms of gametophyte, one form bearing antheridia and one form bearing archegonia .
example sentences with archegonium16) The gametophytes or thallus, produce both motile sperm in the antheridia and egg cells in separate archegonia .
17) An immobile egg, contained in the archegonium , fuses with a mobile sperm, released from an antheridium.
18) Monoicous - Having a single form of gametophyte bearing both antheridia and archegonia , either together or on separate branches.
19) The archegonia are small flask-shaped clumps of cells with an open neck (venter) down which the male sperm swim.
20) The sperm have only a tiny distance to travel to the archegonia , of which there are usually two or three.
21) The sporophyte consists of a foot that anchors the sporophyte to the archegonia , a stalk, and a spore capsule.
22) When the sporophyte has developed all three regions, the seta elongates, pushing its way out of the archegonium and rupturing it.
23) In either case, the sperm must move from the antheridia where they are produced to the archegonium where the eggs are held.
24) Each archegonium has a slender hollow tube, the "neck", down which the sperm swim to reach the egg cell.
25) As in other land plants, the female organs are known as archegonia ("singular:" archegonium) and are protected by the thin surrounding perichaetum ("plural:" perichaeta).
26) In the presence of water, the biflagellate sperm from the antheridia swim to the archegonia and fertilisation occurs, leading to the production of a diploid sporophyte.
27) It is dioicous: male plants produce only antheridia in terminal rosettes, female plants produce only archegonia in the form of stalked capsules.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of archegonium
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of archegonium with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with archegonium
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word archegonium in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with archegonium.
20 examples of simple sentences of archegonium. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of archegonium
Compound Sentences with archegonium
Complex Sentences with archegonium
Compound-Complex Sentences with archegonium