archaic term in a sentence
1) The archaic term for the metal core is "core rail".
2) However, it was also expressed in rather archaic terms .
3) The other problem with horse racing is the archaic terms they use.
archaic term example sentences4) Let's say respect comes from treating people equally rather than using these archaic terms .
5) Uniquely, the Wirksworth Hundred was still known by the archaic term "Wapentake".
6) Plenty of African-Americans harbor equally passionate displeasure with "miscegenation," to use an archaic term .
7) This archaic term was originally used by Ptolemy and Pliny to mean the island of Great Britain.
8) Pila were sometimes referred to as javelins, but the archaic term for the javelin was verutum.
9) Inferior planet is an archaic term that is sometimes used to refer to the planets Mercury and Venus.
10) The media has a lot to answer for, as they use archaic derogatory terms for emphasis and sensationalism.
11) The name comes from an archaic , colloquial term for a five-cent piece in the US (the nickel).
12) Partially conserved is an archaic term for spontaneously broken, and the axial current is now called the chiral symmetry current.
13) In the text of the service, this part of the ceremony was described using the archaic term "inthronization".
14) The archaic term for nobility, "frälse", also includes the clergy when referring to their exemption from tax.
15) This pdf version is fully annotated, containing explanations of archaic terms , literary and Biblical references and translations of Latin passages.
example sentences with archaic term16) The archaic Swedish term for nobility, "frälse," also included the clergy with respect to their exemption from tax.
17) Twain is an archaic term for "two", as in "The veil of the temple was rent in twain.
18) Further he now received the name 'Augustus', a slightly archaic term , meaning 'sacred' or 'revered'.
19) Classical "fu" composers attempted to use as wide a vocabulary as they could, and often included great numbers of rare and archaic terms in their compositions.
20) The term in itself means "Bosnians" and is an archaic term that was once used for all inhabitants of Bosnia regardless of faith.
21) It was split into episodes, known as "Fits" (an archaic term for a section of a poem revived by Lewis Carroll for "The Hunting of the Snark").
22) The word "Igorot" is an exonym, derived from the archaic Tagalog term for "mountain people" (formed from the prefix "i-", "dweller of" and "golot", "mountain range").
23) The name comes from "Mini"-the car with which the Moke shares many parts-and "Moke", which is an archaic dialect term for donkey.
24) This is an abbreviated form of Overlander; which is an archaic English term for an outsider still found in a few other places such as parts of Australia.
25) In Turkish the term "mitralyöz", which is apparently derived from "mitrailleuse", was widely used as a synonym for machine guns before becoming an archaic term .
26) Traditionally, the middle stripe was defined by the more archaic term of "gualda", and hence the popular name "rojigualda" (red-weld).
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of archaic term
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of archaic term with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with archaic term
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word archaic term in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with archaic term.
20 examples of simple sentences of archaic term. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of archaic term
Compound Sentences with archaic term
Complex Sentences with archaic term
Compound-Complex Sentences with archaic term