ancient astronomer in a sentence
1) These stellar motions were unknown to ancient astronomers.
2) All the ancient astronomers were very bothered by Algol.
3) Unfortunately, the ancient astronomer offers no clues in his own writing.
4) Do you go back to the ancient Egyptian astronomers To Mesopotamian astronomers?
ancient astronomer example sentences5) Clearly these ancient astronomers had powerful techniques for correcting their data that have since been lost .
6) Rolleston's definition of decan appears to originate with her and not with any ancient astronomers.
7) Many ancient astronomers believed that stars were permanently affixed to a heavenly sphere, and that they were immutable.
8) ancient Greek astronomers were the first to introduce and analyze mathematical models of the motion of objects in the sky.
9) Zeta Aurigae and Eta Aurigae were first called the "Kids" by Cleostratus, an ancient Greek astronomer.
10) Pollux (1.1) is much brighter than Castor (1.6), though ancient astronomers described it as fainter.
11) Carefully organized and generously illustrated, the book can teach readers how to do real astronomy using the methods of ancient astronomers.
12) When ancient astronomers viewed the sky, they saw the Sun, Moon, and stars moving overhead in a regular fashion.
13) HIPPARCHUS Hipparchus (190-120 B.C.) was an ancient Greek astronomer who compiled first-known catalogue of stars and first map of the skies.
14) The Greek philosophers, in an early age, had asserted the dignity of physical inquiry; an ancient astronomer had declared that man was born to study the heavens.
example sentences with astronomer15) These propositions must be upheld without any doubt; so I believe, together with the ancient astronomers and the accepted opinions of the physicists, supported by Holy Scripture.
16) Using the crude instruments available, ancient astronomers were able to detect by December 25th of each year that the daytime had become noticeably longer.
17) ancient astronomers used it to cast shadows, which they could then measure to gauge the passage of time, or predict the coming of solstices and equinoxes.
18) It was because ancient astronomers did not observe parallax that they though the earth was the center of the universe and everything in the heavens revolved around it.
19) ARISTARCHUS Aristarchus of Sámos (310?BC-250?BC) was an ancient Greek astronomer who was the first person to propose a heliocentric model of the Solar System.
20) ancient observational astronomers, who would have been lost with telescopes and such instrumentation, would have gone nuts with delight to have one of these celestial globes.
21) The existence of Mars as a wandering object in the night sky was recorded by the ancient Egyptian astronomers and by 1534 BCE they were familiar with the retrograde motion of the planet.
22) The name "planet" comes from the Greek term ("planētēs"), meaning "wanderer", as ancient astronomers noted how certain lights moved across the sky in relation to the other stars.
23) The name literally means "Northern Dipper", the name given by ancient Chinese astronomers to the seven brightest stars of the Ursa Major constellation.
24) The most prominent of both modern and ancient astronomers have deeply studied the question of the moving of the earth, and tried to refute it.
25) The idea was first proposed in western philosophy and Greek astronomy as early as the 3rd century BC by Aristarchus of Samos, but had received no support from most other ancient astronomers.
26) Chinese weather prediction lore extends at least as far back as 300 BC, which was also around the same time ancient Indian astronomers developed weather-prediction methods.
27) The earliest known star catalogues were compiled by the ancient Babylonian astronomers of Mesopotamia in the late 2nd millennium BC, during the Kassite Period ("ca.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of ancient astronomer
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of ancient astronomer with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with ancient astronomer
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word ancient astronomer in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with ancient astronomer.
20 examples of simple sentences of ancient astronomer. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of ancient astronomer
Compound Sentences with ancient astronomer
Complex Sentences with ancient astronomer
Compound-Complex Sentences with ancient astronomer