acculturate in a sentence
1) An important task of society is to acculturate the young.
2) Slaves coming from West Africa had been acculturated with Muslim traditions.
3) The Anglo-Saxons were a mix of invaders, migrants and acculturated indigenous people.
acculturate example sentences4) Having been subject to limited external influences, these populations lived free from acculturating factors.
5) We of the Western world are acculturated to expect unlimited resources, for example.
6) The purpose of the boarding schools was to forcibly acculturate Cherokees to mainstream white society.
7) Qindil questions the land's customs, but he soon acculturates to their ways.
8) Natives who have adopted European languages and characteristic Western customs are called acculturated or Westernized.
9) This only further worsened the local economy impoverishing its inhabitants who became increasingly acculturated toward Arabs.
10) Becoming acculturated , Libyans also eventually served as high priests at centers of Egyptian religion.
11) This handful of educated, acculturated Jewish women could escape the restrictions of their social ghetto.
12) Although strongly acculturated to the Central European region, they have preserved their Bulgarian identity.
13) Perhaps you have not been properly acculturated to Slashdot geek, subspecies of Internet geek.
14) Becoming acculturated , and improving their English, his children achieved well and entered various professional careers.
15) This term later came to be applied also to Berbers acculturated to "higher" Phoenician culture.
use acculturate in a sentence16) The Unterlander Jews in the northeast, even more conservative and barely acculturated , remained Yiddish-speaking.
17) They select, train, and acculturate followers who are willing and able to work toward the vision.
18) At this time American society thought that Native American children needed to be acculturated to the general society.
19) In fact, Spanglish is not about necessarily assimilating to English–it is about acculturating and accommodating.
20) Although, there were those who would acculturate within the historic as sometimes called "Fireside Cabin" culture.
21) The group that was most acculturated to Western culture had a three- to five-fold excess in CHD prevalence.
22) How was this scientific and intermedial documentation ' acculturated ', i.e. transposed to the visual arts and literature?
23) Cowichan knitting is an acculturated art form, a combination of European textile techniques and Salish spinning and weaving methods.
24) She said their actions did not represent the traditional inclusiveness of Mohawk communities, which acculturated adoptees and marriage partners.
25) Many of these acculturated blacks were accepted in these communities and taught them the Portuguese language and the European culture.
26) Having been acculturated to Egypt they could not (or would not) conceive of a deity without physical form.
27) In recent years, the Chinese state has encouraged the Na to acculturate to the monogamous marriage norms of greater China.
28) However, they slowly acculturated and their numbers increased, mostly through intermarriage as the number of full-bloods continued to decline.
How to use acculturate in a sentence29) They would also become "Musta'arabim" (Arabized), acculturated into Arab language, custom and culture.
30) In his power base in Qinghai's northeastern Haidong Prefecture, Ma compelled many Tibetans to convert to Islam and acculturate .
31) Due to class mobility individuals may also acculturate to the culture of another class when ascending or descending in the social order.
32) If men are typically acculturated into a kind of sterile individualism, women are acculturated into relationships, caring, and other-centeredness.
33) If men are typically acculturated into a kind of sterile individualism, women are acculturated into relationships, caring, and other-centeredness.
34) Their ultimate goal of acculturating the Indians to American culture was not reached because of frontier land hunger and Congressional patronage politics.
35) The Tunica had become acculturated to European ways, although they still tattooed themselves and practiced some of their native religious customs.
36) In the event, Alaric's group was never destroyed nor expelled from the Empire, nor acculturated under effective Roman domination.
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of acculturate
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of acculturate with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with acculturate
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word acculturate in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with acculturate.
20 examples of simple sentences of acculturate. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of acculturate
Compound Sentences with acculturate
Complex Sentences with acculturate
Compound-Complex Sentences with acculturate