abortive attempt in a sentence
1) After several years and many abortive attempts their efforts were finally rewarded.
2) But these abortive attempts to mobilize larger units were not entirely without value.
3) Through the early nineties there were various abortive attempts to resolve the conflict.
4) An abortive attempt had been made on 29 October to attack Boer positions.
abortive attempt example sentences5) After an abortive attempt to collectivize herders, livestock remained in private hands.
6) Despite several abortive attempts at staging comebacks, he failed to regain the limelight.
7) Three abortive attempts to separate the isthmus from Colombia occurred between 1830 and 1840.
8) They then made several abortive attempts to seize positions on the outskirts of the city.
9) Peek left for the United States for an abortive attempt at college during 1969.
10) He made an abortive attempt to find employment in Hollywood as a screenwriter in 1937.
11) In the sixteenth century the Spanish Armada, before its abortive attempt to invade Britain.
12) The following summer Wagner made another abortive attempt to compose music for his gradually emerging operatic cycle.
13) Two abortive attempts had been made to make a live-action series, in 1981 and 1991.
14) In 1943, Beck planned two abortive attempts to kill Hitler by means of a bomb.
example sentences with attempt15) The PFLP and DFLP even made a few abortive attempts at fedayeen operations inside Israel.
16) Klein returned from his abortive attempt to chase Kubiš, who fled the scene by bicycle.
17) A first, abortive attempt to intervene in Tonkin was made by Francis Garnier in 1873.
18) The invasion of the Goths and Decius' death put an end to the abortive attempt.
19) The ship was despatched on an abortive attempt to relieve the besieged Wake Island in December 1941.
20) As early as 1905, several abortive attempts were made to put "Little Nemo" on stage.
21) In 1953, there was an abortive attempt to form a republic, but the sultanate survived.
22) The DHAC originated in the abortive attempt to set up a branch of NICRA in Derry.
23) It began in December 1962 after Ball's abortive attempt at a career on the Broadway stage.
24) An abortive attempt was made to land these troops on 2 September and then again on 4 September.
25) An abortive attempt was made to set up a whaling industry in 1830 (also in 1875).
26) Tensions rose, however, after an abortive attempt to establish the independent nation of Fredonia in 1826.
27) In 1909 an abortive attempt was made, by the present owner's grandfather, to produce hydroelectric power.
How to use attempt in a sentence28) In 1998 he launched an abortive attempt to storm the government buildings in the Dagestani capital, Makhachkala.
29) His grandfather fought for the abortive attempt to create a breakaway North Caucasian Emirate after the Russian Revolution.
30) Between 1905 and 1911, an abortive attempt was made to divide the province of Bengal into two zones.
31) His first fiction was "Cruthers and Jonson", one of several abortive attempts at writing a novel.
32) After several abortive attempts the Group managed to complete the purchase of "Mowers Meadow" in Strande Lane.
33) She sailed with the rest of the Russian squadron on 23 June in an abortive attempt to reach Vladivostok.
34) Before Joseph Patrick Kennedy's abortive attempt, massive bombings of the site using conventional bombs continued to no avail.
35) This peculiar trade persisted throughout the war in spite of an abortive attempt by the U.S. government to curtail it.
36) The battle persisted into the night, and abortive attempts were made by the Germans to retake the first-line trenches.
37) Of interest to both Maryland and Virginia researchers is the description of Claiborne's abortive attempts to claim Kent Island.
38) The new amendment would undoubtedly encourage some interest groups unhappy with administration policies to make abortive attempts to oust a president.
39) This traffic was likely the source of the demand for Nobutaka's abortive attempt to create a shortcut through the peninsula.
40) Cab Driving I 've made two abortive attempts in my life to drive a cab, and it is amazingly corrupt.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of abortive attempt
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of abortive attempt with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with abortive attempt
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word abortive attempt in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with abortive attempt.
20 examples of simple sentences of abortive attempt. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of abortive attempt
Compound Sentences with abortive attempt
Complex Sentences with abortive attempt
Compound-Complex Sentences with abortive attempt