Thirteenth Amendment in a sentence
1) Mississippi rejected the Thirteenth Amendment on December 5.
2) Slavery was not abolished even after the Thirteenth Amendment .
3) The lady argued that it violated her rights under the Thirteenth Amendment .
Thirteenth Amendment example sentences4) In April 1864 the Thirteenth Amendment which abolished slavery passed the Senate.
5) Steven Spielberg's Lincoln makes this same point about the Thirteenth Amendment .
6) Lincoln's perception of the Thirteenth Amendment was central to his postwar objectives.
7) The ten-member bench also took up the petition challenging the Thirteenth Amendment .
8) The Thirteenth Amendment and American Freedom: A Legal History.
9) The Thirteenth Amendment (ratified December 6, 1865), abolished slavery.
10) The Thirteenth Amendment abolished this very valuable right; that was kind of the point.
11) After the Thirteenth Amendment took effect, the state was obligated to rewrite its laws.
12) The petition drive significantly assisted the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment , which ended slavery.
13) After passing the Thirteenth Amendment , Congress debated the economic rights of the freedmen.
14) Slaves in Kentucky and Delaware were not emancipated until the Thirteenth Amendment was ratified.
15) The subject of this proposal was subsequently addressed by the 1865 Thirteenth Amendment which abolished slavery.
example sentences with Thirteenth Amendment16) The plan successfully started the Reconstruction process of ratifying the Thirteenth Amendment in all states.
17) And he said the film exaggerates the importance of the Thirteenth Amendment in ending slavery .
18) The Thirteenth Amendment became part of the Constitution 611⁄2 years after the Twelfth Amendment.
19) The Thirteenth Amendment came into force after Lincoln's assassination, prohibiting slavery throughout the Union.
20) As a result, United States Congress passed the Thirteenth Amendment which abolished slavery completely.
21) In 1995, it symbolically ratified the Thirteenth Amendment , which had abolished slavery in 1865.
22) Slavery was officially abolished by the Thirteenth Amendment which took effect on December 18, 1865.
23) During the election of 1865, ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment was a major political issue.
24) Stevens focused on legislation that would secure the freedom promised by the newly ratified Thirteenth Amendment .
25) The final abolition of slavery was achieved by the Thirteenth Amendment , ratified in December 1865.
26) He said that the Union States were about to pass the Thirteenth Amendment outlawing slavery.
27) Sumner introduced an alternative Amendment that combined the Thirteenth Amendment with elements of the Fourteenth Amendment.
28) The last slaves in New Jersey were not freed until 1865 and passage of the Thirteenth Amendment .
How to use Thirteenth Amendment in a sentence29) The decision in the Slaughterhouse Cases (1873) limited the Thirteenth Amendment to formal abolition.
30) Harlan dissented, maintaining his opinion that the Thirteenth Amendment should protect freedom beyond "physical restraint".
31) Slavery in the United States officially ended after the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment in late 1865.
32) The Thirteenth Amendment does not permit the withholding or the deprivation of any right necessarily inhering in freedom.
33) The Thirteenth Amendment abolished slavery and INVOLUNTARY SERVITUDE , except when imposed as punishment for a crime.
34) In 1864, Sherman voted for the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, abolishing slavery.
35) The US Congress passes the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution, abolishing slavery throughout the United States.
36) The Court ruled that the Thirteenth Amendment did not ban most forms of racial discrimination by non-government actors.
37) One shudders to think what Judge Walker would think of the Thirteenth Amendment , which abolished slavery.
38) Justice John Marshall Harlan, a long-time supporter of broad Thirteenth Amendment powers, wrote the dissenting opinion.
39) Goluboff, Risa L. "The Thirteenth Amendment and the Lost Origins of Civil Rights".
40) March 16 - Mississippi ratifies the Thirteenth Amendment , becoming the last state to approve the abolition of slavery.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Thirteenth Amendment
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Thirteenth Amendment with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Thirteenth Amendment
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Thirteenth Amendment in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Thirteenth Amendment.
20 examples of simple sentences of Thirteenth Amendment. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Thirteenth Amendment
Compound Sentences with Thirteenth Amendment
Complex Sentences with Thirteenth Amendment
Compound-Complex Sentences with Thirteenth Amendment