Muslim astronomer in a sentence
1) Medieval Muslim astronomers depicted Aries in various ways.
2) The sundial was further developed by Muslim astronomers.
3) Another Indian influence was an approximate formula used for timekeeping by Muslim astronomers.
4) A large number of star catalogues were published by Muslim astronomers in the medieval Islamic world.
Muslim astronomer example sentences5) Perhaps unwittingly, he used one of the revisions made by Muslim astronomers many years before.
6) Muslim astronomers also independently invented the celestial globe, which were used primarily for solving problems in celestial astronomy.
7) Kublai Khan patronized Muslim scholars and scientists, and Muslim astronomers contributed to the construction of the observatory in Shaanxi.
8) Due to the scientific dominance of the Ptolemaic system in Islamic astronomy, the Muslim astronomers accepted unanimously the geocentric model.
9) Ibn al-Haytham, or Alhacen, (965–1039 CE) was a Muslim astronomer, engineer, mathematician, and scientist.
10) Mathematical knowledge from the Middle East was introduced to China under the Mongols, and Muslim astronomers brought Arabic numerals to China in the 13th century.
11) Muslim astronomers worked in the Chinese Astronomical Bureau established by Kublai Khan, while some Chinese astronomers also worked at the Persian Maragha observatory.
12) Within the context of this "hay'a" tradition, Muslim astronomers began questioning technical details of the Ptolemaic system of astronomy.
13) Islamic influence on Chinese astronomy was first recorded during the Song dynasty when a Hui Muslim astronomer named Ma Yize introduced the concept of 7 days in a week and made other contributions.
14) Around 830 AD, Caliph Al-Ma'mun commissioned a group of Muslim astronomers and geographers to measure the distance from Tadmur (Palmyra) to al-Raqqah in modern Syria.
example sentences with astronomer15) Some of the practices of astrology were contested on theological grounds by medieval Muslim astronomers such as Al-Farabi (Alpharabius), Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen) and Avicenna.
16) Other terms still in use today such as zenith, nadir, and azimuth are also derived from Arabic and so reflect the work of the Muslim astronomers of al-Andalus and their impact on the West.
17)  The first true nebula, as distinct from a star cluster, was mentioned by the Persian/ Muslim astronomer, Abd al-Rahman al-Sufi, in his Book of Fixed Stars (964).
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Muslim astronomer
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Muslim astronomer with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Muslim astronomer
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Muslim astronomer in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Muslim astronomer.
20 examples of simple sentences of Muslim astronomer. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Muslim astronomer
Compound Sentences with Muslim astronomer
Complex Sentences with Muslim astronomer
Compound-Complex Sentences with Muslim astronomer