Greek astronomer in a sentence
1) Ptolemy was a critically important Greek astronomer.
2) Some Greek astronomers worked out calendars based on the eclipse cycle.
3) But Greek astronomers were not only interested in describing the celestial phenomena mathematically.
4) Ptolemy was a Greek Alexandrian astronomer who wrote Syntaxis .
Greek astronomer example sentences5) Ptolemy, a Greek astronomer, has noted down two ports in the east coast of Malay Peninsular.
6) Greek astronomers must have used an approximation method based on interpolation, which is still used by some amateurs.
7) In 300 BC, Aristarchus of Samos, a Greek astronomer and mathematician, proposed a sun-centered universe.
8) He could not create accurate models for the remaining planets, and criticized other Greek astronomers for creating inaccurate models.
9) Ancient Greek astronomers were the first to introduce and analyze mathematical models of the motion of objects in the sky.
10) Astrology reached its 'modern' form around AD 140 under the guidance of Ptolemy, the famous Greek astronomer.
11) This was an even more difficult question the Greek astronomers asked themselves, and they didn't do so well.
12) Zeta Aurigae and Eta Aurigae were first called the "Kids" by Cleostratus, an ancient Greek astronomer.
13) Hipparcos is named after Hipparchus, the Greek astronomer who, in about 150 bc, drew the first accurate star chart.
14) HIPPARCHUS Hipparchus (190-120 B.C.) was an ancient Greek astronomer who compiled first-known catalogue of stars and first map of the skies.
example sentences with astronomer15) PTOLEMY Claudius Ptolemaeus or Ptolemy (about 87-150) was a Greek astronomer and mathematician who wrote about his belief that all celestial bodies revolved around the Earth.
16) Copernicus used observational data from the Greek astronomers, and stuck rigidly to Aristotle's belief that perfect motion of the heavenly bodies had to be circular.
17) ARISTARCHUS Aristarchus of Sámos (310?BC-250?BC) was an ancient Greek astronomer who was the first person to propose a heliocentric model of the Solar System.
18) Hipparchus is considered to have been among the most important Greek astronomers, because he introduced the concept of exact prediction into astronomy.
19) There is a correspondingly long history of lunar theories: it stretches from the times of the Babylonian and Greek astronomers, down to modern lunar laser ranging.
20) Greek astronomers employed the term "asteres planetai" (ἀστέρες πλανῆται), "wandering stars", for objects which apparently move over the sky.
21) The early Greek astronomers called Venus by two names–"Hesperus" the evening star and "Phosphorus" the morning star.
22) Eratosthenes, a Greek astronomer from Hellenistic Libya (276–194 BC), estimated Earth's circumference around 240 BC.
23) Epsilon Eridani is known to astronomers at least from the 2nd century, when it was catalogued by Claudius Ptolemy, a Greek astronomer from Alexandria, Egypt, in his catalogue of more than 1000 stars.
24) It appears to be constructed upon theories of astronomy and mathematics developed by Greek astronomers and is estimated to have been made around 100 BC.
25) In measuring the size of the Sun, however, he reached a figure larger and more accurate than those proposed by other Greek astronomers and Aristarchus of Samos.
26) The deferent-and-epicycle model had been used by Greek astronomers for centuries along with the idea of the eccentric (a deferent which is slightly off-center from the Earth), which was even older.
27) Because the stars were actually much further away than Greek astronomers postulated (making movement extremely subtle), stellar parallax was not detected till the 19th century.
28) Some Greek astronomers considered them to be a distinct constellation, and they are mentioned by Hesiod, and in Homer's "Iliad" and "Odyssey".
29) Callippus, a Greek astronomer of the 4th century, added seven spheres to Eudoxus' original 27 (in addition to the planetary spheres, Eudoxus included a sphere for the fixed stars).
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Greek astronomer
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Greek astronomer with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Greek astronomer
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Greek astronomer in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Greek astronomer.
20 examples of simple sentences of Greek astronomer. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Greek astronomer
Compound Sentences with Greek astronomer
Complex Sentences with Greek astronomer
Compound-Complex Sentences with Greek astronomer