Chinese astronomer in a sentence
1) Chinese astronomers record the sudden appearance of a bright star.
2) Chinese astronomers were able to precisely predict eclipses.
3) The Chinese astronomers saw several figures in what is modern-day Cassiopeia.
4) Chinese astronomers recorded 1,600 observations of solar and lunar eclipses from 750 BC.
Chinese astronomer example sentences5) By 28 BC, Chinese astronomers were regularly recording sunspot observations in official imperial records.
6) Chinese astronomers observed sun spots, which would not be seen by Europeans until Galileo.
7) Yu Xi (fourth century AD) was the first Chinese astronomer to mention precession.
8) The earliest recorded supernova, SN 185, was viewed by Chinese astronomers in 185 AD.
9) By 635 Chinese astronomers had observed that the tails of comets always point away from the sun.
10) The Crab pulsar and nebula formed in a supernova explosion first noted by Chinese astronomers in 1054.
11) In spite of the apparent immutability of the heavens, Chinese astronomers were aware that new stars could appear.
12) Literature from ancient China confirms that Mars was known by Chinese astronomers by no later than the fourth century BCE.
13) The creation of the Crab Nebula corresponds to the bright SN 1054 supernova recorded by Chinese astronomers in AD 1054.
14) Hubble therefore deduced, correctly, that this cloud was the remains of the explosion which was observed by Chinese astronomers.
example sentences with astronomer15) The world's first star catalogue was made by Gan De, a Chinese astronomer, in 4th century BC.
16) The initial explosion, which could be seen in daylight, was recorded by Chinese astronomers and occurred when a massive star around 6,500 light years away reached the end of its uggs vancouver life.
17) During the 11th century in the Song Dynasty, the Chinese astronomer, horologist and mechanical engineer Su Song created a water-driven astronomical clock for his clock tower of Kaifeng City.
18) Muslim astronomers worked in the Chinese Astronomical Bureau established by Kublai Khan, while some Chinese astronomers also worked at the Persian Maragha observatory.
19) Over a span of about 2,000 years, Chinese astronomers recorded a total of twenty such candidate events, including later explosions noted by Islamic, European, and possibly Indian and other observers.
20) In 185 CE, Chinese astronomers recorded the appearance of a bright star in the sky, and observed that it took about eight months to fade from the sky.
21) Stars which appeared temporarily in the sky were generically called "guest stars" ("kè xīng" 客星) by Chinese astronomers.
22) Several Chinese astronomers worked at the Maragheh observatory, founded by Nasir al-Din al-Tusi in 1259 under the patronage of Hulagu Khan in Persia.
23) In the fourth century BC, the two Chinese astronomers responsible for the earliest information going into the star catalogues were Shi Shen and Gan De of the Warring States period.
24) The name literally means "Northern Dipper", the name given by ancient Chinese astronomers to the seven brightest stars of the Ursa Major constellation.
25) In 1964, after their discovery of a small main belt asteroid between Mars and Jupiter, Chinese astronomers at the Purple Mountain Observatory named it "2899 Runrun Shaw" in Shaw's honour.
26) Historical records revealed that a new star bright enough to be seen in the daytime had been recorded in the same part of the sky by Chinese astronomers in 1054.
27) Corresponding to a bright supernova recorded by Chinese astronomers in 1054, the nebula was observed later by English astronomer John Bevis in 1731.
28) The SN 1006 supernova, the brightest apparent magnitude stellar event in recorded history, was observed by the Egyptian Arabic astronomer Ali ibn Ridwan and the Chinese astronomers in 1006.
29) The apparition of 12 BC was recorded in the "Book of Han" by Chinese astronomers of the Han Dynasty who tracked it from August through October.
30) The Chinese historian of astronomy, Xi Zezong, has claimed that Gan De, a Chinese astronomer, made the discovery of one of Jupiter's moons in 362 BC with the unaided eye.
31) An example is Halley's Comet, which was recorded first by Chinese astronomers in 240 BC and possibly as early as 467 BC.
32) Star catalogues are traditionally attributed to Shi Shen and Gan De, two rather obscure Chinese astronomers who may have been active in the 4th century BC of the Warring States period (403-221 BC).
33) The brightest stellar event in recorded history was the SN 1006 supernova, which was observed in 1006 and written about by the Egyptian astronomer Ali ibn Ridwan and several Chinese astronomers.
34) Sunspots were also observed during the Han Dynasty (206 BC–AD 220) by Chinese astronomers who maintained records of these observations for centuries.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Chinese astronomer
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Chinese astronomer with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Chinese astronomer
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Chinese astronomer in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Chinese astronomer.
20 examples of simple sentences of Chinese astronomer. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Chinese astronomer
Compound Sentences with Chinese astronomer
Complex Sentences with Chinese astronomer
Compound-Complex Sentences with Chinese astronomer