Ausonius in a sentence
1) Von Tacitus bis Ausonius. 2. bis 4.
2) A professor like Ausonius pursued the same methods as his pagan predecessors.
3) L115) Ausonius: Volume II.
4) The Roman poet Ausonius mentions a mill for cutting marble on the Moselle.
Ausonius example sentences5) Gratian had been educated by Ausonius who had praised his pupil for his tolerance.
6) Ausonius, Notae in Ausonii opera, 1588.
7) Attested in Ausonius's poem Mosella.
8) Horace was often evoked by poets of the fourth century, such as Ausonius and Claudian.
9) Its mission: to inform the public about the Ausonius Institute's various activities and research programs.
10) Prominent Latin poets of late antiquity include Ausonius, Prudentius, Claudian, and Sidonius.
11) Julius Ausonius, an eminent physician, and praefectus of Illyricum under the emperor Valentinian I.
12) Ausonius was a Christian, but gives so little evidence of it that the fact has been questioned.
13) A similar ambiguity appears in Seneca and in Ausonius' 19th epitaph, narrated by Troilus himself.
14) The town was not located on major roads and was considered by the poet Ausonius as a small town.
example sentences with Ausonius15) At the same time John Ausonius, the "Laser Man" engaged in a shooting spree targeting immigrants.
16) The "Mosella" by Ausonius demonstrated a modernism of feeling that indicates the end of classical literature as such.
17) In a poem by Ausonius in the 4th century AD, he mentions a stone-cutting saw powered by water.
18) Ovid and Ausonius have likewise described such a pretty Medley of the masculine and feminine Gender in the following Verses.
19) He is like the poet Ausonius, alas - that Silver Age abstainer from the world and connoisseur of oysters.
20) Literary references to water-powered marble saws in what is now Germany can be found in Ausonius 4th-century poem "Mosella".
21) There are also later references to floating water mills from Byzantium and to sawmills on the river Moselle by the poet Ausonius.
22) In the time of Ausonius the city had fallen into decay; but it rose again into importance in the Middle Ages.
23) In the 4th century, the Latin poet and scholar Ausonius, from Gallia Aquitania (present-day Bordeaux), characterizes his physician father as speaking Attic Greek with more eloquence than Latin.
24) His pupil Paulinus entered the religious life, at which, however, the world of letters was deeply scandalized; so much so, indeed, that Paulinus had to write to Ausonius to justify himself.
25) A native of Bordeaux, Ausonius compared the vineyards favorably to those of his homeland and seems to indicate that viticulture had long been present in this area.
26) About AD 370, Decimus Magnus Ausonius, the Roman poet and teacher at the Imperial court, wrote his poem "Mosella".
27) Lewis and Short's Latin Dictionary (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1879) translates "salar" as a kind of trout from its use in the "Idylls" of the poet Ausonius (4th century CE).
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Ausonius
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Ausonius with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Ausonius
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Ausonius in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Ausonius.
20 examples of simple sentences of Ausonius. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Ausonius
Compound Sentences with Ausonius
Complex Sentences with Ausonius
Compound-Complex Sentences with Ausonius