Astarte in a sentence
1) Astarte, Semitic goddess of fertility and love.
2) Dido was also attached to the fertility goddess Astarte.
3) And Easter was originally the spring festival for the heathen goddess Astarte.
4) Yet Tanit was clearly distinguished from Astarte.
Astarte example sentences5) The Greeks referred to her as Astarte, a moon goddess.
6) That goddess is known as Astarte or Ishtar among the Semitic peoples.
7) Astarte: Canaanite version of Ishtar; fertility goddess.
8) Astarte was worshipped in Kition (present day Larnaca).
9) Figures of the Phoenician goddess Astarte were represented as pillars studded with breasts.
10) Other names were Isis, Astarte, Diana, Inana.
11) Cyprus, the island of Astarte, the Goddess of Love).
12) Tanit and Astarte: each one was both a funerary and a fertility goddess.
13) Although it contained elements of Baal and Astarte worship, it was essentially monotheistic.
14) Astarte's heavenly emblem was the planet Venus, Tanit's the crescent moon.
example sentences with Astarte15) The early Carthaginians had two important deities, "Baal" and "Astarte".
16) As his feminine counterpart, Astarte, he is portrayed with a heifer's head.
17) It is readily apparent that Astarte was none other than Baal's mother, Semiramis!
18) Texts found mention Melqart among other Punic gods Eshmun, Astarte and Baʻl.
19) Her civilian name is Sheba (commonly subtitled as "Shiva") Shingetsu Astarte.
20) Astarte, Ishtar, Ashtoreth, Columbia (Liberty!).
21) Sailor Astarte was apparently killed despite the efforts of Vulcan after her purification by Sailor Moon.
22) Northeast of the site, another 3rd century BC temple stands adjacent to the Astarte chapel.
23) Images of his ideal Astarte permeate his thoughts, and he vainly calls to her.
24) Finally, Astarte leaves Dion and returns to her mother DiLuna on the planet Ceres.
25) Ishtar became Astarte to the Semitic Phoenicians, and later Tanith, the serpent goddess.
26) Such stories include "The Hound of Death" and "the Idol House of Astarte".
27) The Phoenicians called her Astarte or Ashteroth while Greeks and Romans termed her Artemis and Diana.
How to use Astarte in a sentence28) Goddesses of the Canaanite religion: Ba'alat Gebal, Astarte, Anat.
29) Tchaikovsky manages to add a fugue, a return of Astarte and a death scene at the end.
30) There they enter the realm of King Makombe, at the heart of the Cult of Astarte.
31) Her cult in Greece was imported from, or influenced by, the cult of Astarte in Phoenicia.
32) The goddess Astarte fell in love with him, but to escape her advances he mutilated himself and died.
33) Some scholars connect Astarte with the Minoan snake goddess, whose cult as Aphrodite spread from Creta to Greece.
34) Walker, points out that Asherah was clearly related to the Syrian goddess Astarte and the Babylonian goddess Ishtar.
35) Sailor Astarte appears in only one musical and its revision as her true self, "Transylvania no Mori".
36) Joined with the Baals there would naturally be corresponding female figures which might be called Astartes, embodiments of Astarte.
37) Poupée died in October 1920, and Ninette gave birth to a daughter, Astarte Lulu Panthea, soon afterwards.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Astarte
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Astarte with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Astarte
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Astarte in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Astarte.
20 examples of simple sentences of Astarte. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Astarte
Compound Sentences with Astarte
Complex Sentences with Astarte
Compound-Complex Sentences with Astarte