Ariminum in a sentence
1) In 359, the western council met at Ariminum .
2) Flaminius marched into winter camp at Arretium and Servilius at Ariminum .
3) In the council after the relief of Ariminum , the dissension came to the fore.
Ariminum example sentences4) But in the course of time the Koman took his revenge and became master of Ariminum .
5) Ariminum was seen as a bastion against invaders from Gaul and also as a springboard for conquering the Padana plain.
6) However, their commander, John, refused to obey the orders of his commander, and remained at Ariminum .
7) After the council, Pope Liberius condemned the creed of Ariminum , while his rival, Felix, supported it.
8) Instead, he bypassed them and headed for Ariminum (Rimini), invited there by the local Roman population.
9) In addition to evacuating the Roman garrisons in Dacia, he defeated the Alemanni, who on this, their fourth invasion of Italy, had got as far as Ariminum .
10) The "ager Gallicus", formerly in the possession of the Senones, was the land between Ariminum and Picenum, and was the first territory acquired by Rome in Cispadane Gaul.
11) Ariminum's capture meant that the Romans had effectively cut Italy in two, but in addition, the city was barely a day's march away from the Gothic capital of Ravenna.
12) The Roman army retreated back to Ariminum after this debacle, and was busy checking the Gallic raids taking place near the Po valley.
13) The two armies encamped separately, and shortly afterwards, Narses, convinced that the town was unassailable and well supplied, broke camp and departed for Ariminum .
14) The bloodless victory at Ariminum strengthened Narses' position vis-a-vis Belisarius, with many Roman generals, including John, turning their allegiance to him.
15) Finally, the fall of Ariminum (modern Rimini), barely a day's march from Ravenna, to a Roman cavalry force, forced Vitiges to abandon the siege and withdraw.
example sentences with Ariminum16) He released his men from service, having exacted an oath that they would present themselves at Ariminum south of the mouth of the Po on a certain day.
17) Receiving the orders of the Senate at Lilybaeum in Sicily, Sempronius had dismissed his men after taking their oaths to reassemble at Ariminum south of the Po river.
18) As it was expected that Hannibal would advance into central Italy, Flaminius moved his army from Ariminum to Arretium, to cover the Apennine mountain passes into Etruria.
19) So he quietly left Rome to take over his army at Ariminum without performing the lengthy religious rituals required of an incoming consul.
20) Siege of Ariminum , arrival of Narses
21) Via Aemilia, from Rimini ( Ariminum ) to Placentia
22) Via Flaminia (220 BC), from Rome to Rimini ( Ariminum )
23) Via Popilia (132 BC), two distinct roads, one from Capua to Rhegium and the other from Ariminum through the later Veneto region
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Ariminum
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Ariminum with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Ariminum
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Ariminum in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Ariminum.
20 examples of simple sentences of Ariminum. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Ariminum
Compound Sentences with Ariminum
Complex Sentences with Ariminum
Compound-Complex Sentences with Ariminum