Argentine ant in a sentence
1) Argentine ants are light to dark brown in color.
2) Argentine ants have not quite achieved European unification, however.
3) Argentine ants are not native to the United States.
Argentine ant example sentences4) Argentine ants have been very successful.
5) Argentine ants These are Argentine ants.
6) Argentine ants These are Argentine ants .
7) Indoors, baiting is the preferred treatment for Argentine ants .
8) In the case of Argentine ants , sweet baits are attractive year-round.
9) Argentine ants form very large colonies of a few hundred to several hundred thousand workers.
10) Argentine ants , a recent invader, do not disperse even small seeds.
11) While Argentine ants do not have stingers, they may bite when provoked.
12) The stinging ants reportedly have the potential to be more devastating than the Argentine ant .
13) Argentine ant control can be even more challenging due to the multiple sub-colonies found throughout a neighborhood.
14) For example, aromatic pencil cedar mulch repels Argentine ants , whereas pine straw provides an ideal nesting site.
15) Argentine ants can form nests under homes and even within the home especially if their outdoor habitat is disrupted.
example sentences with Argentine ant16) In addition, Argentine ant colonies are not separate but linked to form one large supercolony with multiple queens.
17) In some areas, the spread of the fire ant has been slowed by competition from the Argentine ant .
18) Trim tree limbs in contact with the structure and electrical wires to remove an easy path for Argentine ants .
19) In South Africa , the Argentine ant ( Linepithema humile ) has invaded and displaced native species of ants.
20) Often looking for moisture, Argentine ants may be found on water pipes, dish washers or other wet locations.
21) Unlike the native ant species, Argentine ants do not collect the seeds of Mimetes cucullatus or eat the elaiosomes.
22) He found that post-fire recruitment of large-seeded flora was reduced disproportionately for large seeds in sites already invaded by Argentine ants .
23) Now Argentine ants are found throughout most of the southern states and California, with isolated infestations in a few other areas.
24) Which is smarter: A swarm of brainless mini-robots with clockwork guts, or a colony of ravenous, half-blind Argentine ants ?
25) In one study we showed that Argentine ants can solve a maze which encodes the Towers of Hanoi problem (Reid et al., 2011 ).
26) Argentine ants differ from most other ant species in California in that their nests are often shallow, extending just below the soil surface.
27) The most common ant occurring in and around the house and garden in California is the Argentine ant , Linepithema humile (formerly Iridomyrmex humilis).
28) The Argentine ant has invaded every continent except Antarctica, and has reached islands including Hawaii and New Zealand, by hitchhiking with humans.
How to use Argentine ant in a sentence29) The cooperative powers of Argentine ants ( Linepithema humile ) have made them a serious agricultural and domestic pest, and a threat to native species worldwide.
30) The invasive Argentine ant ("Linepithema humile") is common in the Mediterranean area, and reduces arthropod numbers by removing most native ant species.
31) The Argentine ant , however, does not have this characteristic, due to lack of genetic diversity, and has become a global pest because of it.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Argentine ant
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Argentine ant with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Argentine ant
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Argentine ant in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Argentine ant.
20 examples of simple sentences of Argentine ant. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Argentine ant
Compound Sentences with Argentine ant
Complex Sentences with Argentine ant
Compound-Complex Sentences with Argentine ant