Archilochus in a sentence
1) The life of Archilochus was marked by conflicts.
2) This was taken from a poem by Archilochus .
3) Archilochus' specific contribution was to introduce folk-song into literature.
Archilochus example sentences4) Horace modelled these poems on the work of Archilochus .
5) The Greek poet Archilochus composed in this form but only fragments remain.
6) Archilochus described Thasos as "an ass's backbone crowned with wild wood.
7) I moderately mineralize your kind Archilochus .
8) According to tradition, Archilochus was born to a notable family on Paros.
9) The tradition of curse poetry goes back to the works of Archilochus and Hipponax.
10) The MODAFINIL was telling their brooklet doctor they don't feel Archilochus in my last post?
11) The chronology for Archilochus is complex but modern scholars generally settle for c.680-c.640 BC.
12) The presence of "douloi" is confirmed by lyric poets such as Archilochus or Theognis of Megara.
13) Moreover, his iambic persona is deliberately presented as powerless, in contrast to the swaggering persona of Archilochus .
14) In antiquity, the Archilocheion, the heroon or hero shrine to the poet Archilochus , once stood here.
15) The Archaic Greek poets Archilochus , Semonides and Hipponax were among the most famous of its early exponents.
example sentences with Archilochus16) He believed that Hesiod and Pythagoras lacked understanding though learned and that Homer and Archilochus deserved to be beaten.
17) Another boy sings a famous song by Archilochus celebrating an act of cowardice and this does not impress Trygaeus either.
18) However the brilliance of the poem's invective suggests it is the work of a more significant poet i.e. Archilochus .
19) Some scholars conclude that the fragment is not a single poem, assigning part to Archilochus and the rest to Hipponax.
20) The first of the lyric poets was probably Archilochus of Paros, circa 700 BC, the most important iambic poet.
21) The story later became a popular theme for Alexandrian versifiers, who played upon its poignancy at the expense of Archilochus .
22) It isn't clear what role Archilochus played in the development of the literary genre at the beginning of the seventh century.
23) I absolutely love the Ruby-throated Hummingbird ( Archilochus colubris ), and I feel that spring has truly arrived when I spot the first one of the season.
24) The Greek poet Archilochus was one of the main exponents of the iambic distich and he provided a model for Horace's Epodes 1-10.
25) If only one hemiepes is employed, the elegiac couplet takes the form known as the First Archilochian, named after the Greek poet Archilochus .
26) Reitzenstein, the first editor of the fragment, attributed it to Archilochus but, in the following year (1900) Friedrich Blass assigned it to Hipponax.
27) Semonides, probably about the middle of the seventh century, composed iambic verse on a misogynist theme, but without the invective and obscenity of Archilochus .
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Archilochus
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Archilochus with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Archilochus
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Archilochus in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Archilochus.
20 examples of simple sentences of Archilochus. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Archilochus
Compound Sentences with Archilochus
Complex Sentences with Archilochus
Compound-Complex Sentences with Archilochus