Antiochus III in a sentence
1) He was a son of King Antiochus III the Great.
2) Defeated Antiochus III the Great in 189.
3) By the time Antiochus III became king, the empire had already reached a low point.
Antiochus III example sentences
Antiochus III example sentences4) In 192 BC, war broke out between Rome and the Seleucid ruler Antiochus III .
5) Rome now turned its attentions to Antiochus III of the Seleucid Empire to the east.
6) Whitehorne attributes these to Grypus (though Pliny attributes the recipe to Antiochus III ).
7) Antiochus III launched a massive campaign to retake Parthia and Bactria in 210 or 209 BC.
8) Evidently Antiochus III resolved the problem of Armenian loyalty differently, by marrying Xerxes to Antiochis.
9) Livy describes them as a Royal Cohort in the army of Antiochus III the Great.
10) Antiochus III fixed this subsidy at 20,000 silver drachmae plus a contribution in kind of corn and salt.
11) The king from Asia was probably Hannibal, still living in Asia, if not Antiochus III himself.
12) However, Antiochus III was not as apt when dealing with infantry, be it Greek or Roman.
13) In c. 210 BC, the Greco-Bactrian kingdom was invaded by a resurgent Seleucid empire under Antiochus III .
14) In 198 BCE, Ptolemy V Epiphanes lost Jerusalem and Judea to the Seleucids under Antiochus III .
15) Antiochus III married Laodice III very shortly after his accession ( Polybius 5.43 -- see further below ).
example sentences with Antiochus III16) Antiochus III the Great and Philip V of Macedon had made a pact to divide Egypt's overseas possessions.
17) For example, Antiochus III brought Greeks from Euboea, Crete and Aetolia and settled them in Antioch.
18) Seleucid Emperor Antiochus III's victory over Egypt in the Battle of Panium brought Judea under Seleucid control.
19) Antiochus III of The Seleucid Empire and Philip V of Macedon made a compact to seize the Ptolemaic possessions.
20) Polybius records that Cyme obtained freedom from taxation following the defeat of Antiochus III , later being incorporated into Roman Asia province.
21) On defeating Antiochus III in 188 the Romans gave Lycia to Rhodes for 20 years, taking it back in 168 BC.
22) A revival would begin when Seleucus II's younger son, Antiochus III the Great, took the throne in 223 BC.
23) Gabae is where Antiochus IV died; his father, Antiochus III , died somewhere in Elam (Elymais) in 187.
24) One possible objection is that Mithridates is named with Seleucus as a son of Antiochus III , and the former is certainly the later Seleucus IV.
25) Such a son is known: a Mithridates, said to be son of Antiochus III , was put in charge, with another son, Ardys, of the march from Syria to Sardis in 197 ( Livy 33.19 ).
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Antiochus III
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Antiochus III with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Antiochus III
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Antiochus III in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Antiochus III.
20 examples of simple sentences of Antiochus III. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Antiochus III
Compound Sentences with Antiochus III
Complex Sentences with Antiochus III
Compound-Complex Sentences with Antiochus III