American astronomer in a sentence
1) John Dobson, 98, American astronomer.
2) August 14 – Charles Pollard Olivier, American astronomer.
3) Robert Linderholm, 79, American astronomer.
4) John A. Eddy, 78, American astronomer, cancer.
American astronomer example sentences5) Its purpose was to create and run a research observatory for American astronomers.
6) Arthur Code, 85, American astronomer, complications of lung condition.
7) Clyde William Tombaugh (February 4, 1906January 17, 1997) was an American astronomer.
8) The anguish of American astronomers reflects the two current trends in space science which are pulling in opposite directions.
9) James L. Elliot, American astronomer, discoverer of the rings of Uranus (b. 1943).
10) Otto Struve (August 12, 1897 – April 6, 1963) was a Russian– American astronomer.
11) TOMBAUGH, CLYDE Clyde Tombaugh (1906-1997) was an American astronomer who discovered Pluto in 1930.
12) T.J.J. See was an American astronomer and Navy Captain who at one time worked under Ellery Hale at the Lowell Observatory.
13) ESA's decision on ISO will probably toll the knell for the Shuttle Infrared Telescope Facility, which many American astronomers have seen as the next most important project for the 1990s after AXAF.
14) The Americans for example may build part of the telescope and throw in a launch to cover half the cost of £60 million; a similar deal has given American astronomers half the use of the German Rosat.
example sentences with astronomer15) SAGAN, CARL Carl Sagan (1934-1996) was an American astronomer who discovered that the surface of Venus was extraordinarily hot and noxious (contrary to previous models of a mild Venusian surface).
16) LOWELL, PERCIVAL Percival Lowell (1855-1916) was an American astronomer who founded the Lowell Observatory at Flagstaff, Arizona in 1894.
17) CANNON, ANNIE J. Annie Jump Cannon (1863-1941) was an American astronomer who cataloged 225,300 stars in the HD ( Henry Draper ) catalog; every star is classified by its stellar spectra.
18) DRAPER, HENRY Draper, Henry (1837-1882) was an American astronomer . He was also an early astronomical photographer.
19) Kirkwood, Daniel Daniel Kirkwood (1814-1895) was an American astronomer who discovered the radial gaps in the asteroid belt in 1866 (now known as the Kirkwood gaps).
20) Hubble, Edwin P. Edwin Powell Hubble (1889-1953) was an American astronomer who was very influential in modern cosmology.
21) BOND, WILLIAM C. William Cranch Bond (1789-1859) was an American astronomer who, with William Lassell, discovered Saturn's moon Hyperion in 1848.
22) Harlow Shapley (November 2, 1885- October 20, 1972), an American astronomer, was the first person to estimate the size of the Milky Way Galaxy, as well as our position in the galaxy (about 1918).
23) An American astronomer, Steven Vogt, recently claimed that the likelihood of life existing on the newly discovered exoplanet Gliese 581g was '100%'.
24) American astronomers discover three rocky exoplanets smaller than Earth, the smallest such worlds yet found, orbiting a red dwarf star 130 light-years from Earth.
25) A Type 3 solar flare, described by an American astronomer as "one of the largest, if not the largest, ever recorded" disrupted communications worldwide.
26) The name of the park commemorates Benjamin Banneker, a free African American astronomer and author who in 1791 assisted in the initial survey of the boundaries of the District of Columbia.
27) In 1883, an expedition of American astronomers traveled from Peru to Caroline Island aboard the to observe a total solar eclipse on May 6.
28) Bartholomeus Jan "Bart" Bok (April 28, 1906 – August 5, 1983) was a Dutch-born American astronomer, teacher, and lecturer.
29) William Robert Brooks (1844–1922), was an American astronomer who specialized in comet discovery and has some periodic comets named for him.
30) Matthew Fontaine Maury (January 14, 1806 – February 1, 1873), United States Navy, was an American astronomer, historian, oceanographer, meteorologist, cartographer, author, geologist, and educator.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of American astronomer
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of American astronomer with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with American astronomer
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word American astronomer in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with American astronomer.
20 examples of simple sentences of American astronomer. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of American astronomer
Compound Sentences with American astronomer
Complex Sentences with American astronomer
Compound-Complex Sentences with American astronomer